Friday, September 02, 2016

These Days

Life is such a precious gift! I don't know about you, but for me it is all to easy to take that for granted. We get busy, our days get full and before you know it we get to the end of the day without appreciating the little blessings that are found in our lives. 

Our last several weeks have been filled to the brim with moments that make me look around and say out of the depths of my heart "I am so grateful!"


Putting up sweet corn is a yearly highlight for us! Usually there is a good mixture of talking and laughter that goes around as we try to get it all done and cleaned up before dark.


Enjoying our traditional "tank wars" thanks to our good friend, Arnie.


Picking berries in our grandparents berry patch during a weekend visit to Iowa.


Freezing 67 quarts of peppers  as well as several gallons of tomato sauce and salsa before leaving on a 2 week trip.


Dad and Mom taking Charissa to enjoy our county fair for the evening.


Enjoying a few hours on the lake after a big week of work.

This saying really hits home...
"Wherever you are, be all there."
-Jim Elliot

What are some moments that you are grateful for this week?

"I will praise You forever because You have done it." Psalms 52:9


5 comments:

Jessica said...

College, Sunsets, Rain, Tomatoes, Blackberries and a Breeze. I just took some pictures of another beautiful sunset today, and the tomatoes and blackberries in our garden have produced abundantly despite the lack of rain.

Andrea said...

I have never met you, but have enjoyed your blog for some time now. Super random question, but I am curious what breed of dog you have? It looks very similar to my Australian Shepherd. ;)

Hannah Wissmann said...

@ Andrea -- We have an Australian Shepherd! :)

Marileigh said...

I love your family and reading your blog. I am busy with tomatoes and corn from my garden.

Do you ever tour the west coast, Seattle?

Anonymous said...

https://opendoorsblog.org/2016/09/23/i-can-die-or-i-can-witness-make-me-a-witness-for-you/