Thursday, July 30, 2015

Colorado Hiking


"How great Thou art, How great Thou art!"

The words of this famous hymn echo in my heart as I look back at all the breathtaking sights we witnessed yesterday. It's impossible to grasp or communicate the majesty, splendor, and creativity of our Creator. 

Photos can't capture it. 
Words can't express it. 
Creation proclaims it in a stunning way -- yet as only a hint of His glory. 

Experiences like our 14,148 foot mountain climb yesterday brought it to the forefront of our minds in vivid color. Having a free day in the beautiful state of Colorado, our friends guided us to the summit of our first 14er. (14,000+ mountain)

Up before the crack of dawn, we packed our gear and headed out: 


We hiked for hours. 
Photo-worthy moments all around us. 
How does one hike and capture it all simultaneously?! 



O Lord, my God, when I in awesome wonder,


Consider all the worlds Thy hands have made,


I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,


Thy pow'r throughout the universe displayed.


When thro' the woods and forest glades I wander,


And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.


When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,


And hear the brook and feel the gentle breeze.

Then sings my soul, my Savior, God, to Thee: 
How great Thou art!


What's the point of finally reaching snow in July without an all-out snowball fight?! 
Yes, this happened! 





Charissa was a trooper.
At 8 years old, she climbed like a pro!





Smiles from the summit. 
We made it! 



Another of the treasures we discovered were lovely and unique wildflowers. 
Such vibrant, delicate blossoms.



Thank you to the Johnson family for making this possible for us!

"You are great and do marvelous deeds:
You alone are God.
Psalm 86:10

No comments: