Monday, May 18, 2015

CD Photography


Coordinating schedules when we're at home has its challenges. With multiple work projects always on deck and various other commitments, we knew it was time to plan ahead and block out an afternoon for a CD photo shoot. With our newest recording in the finishing stages, we're now turning our attention to the colors/layout/design category. 

So we enlisted one of our talented family photographers (thanks, Kori!) and set the date. 

Yesterday afternoon arrived -- and with it, the forecast of a down-pouring rain. 

Great. Rain is certainly not conducive to an outdoor photo-shoot! Did we have a plan B? 

At the last minute, we decided to pray for a window of clear weather and attempt as many photos as possible before the oncoming storm arrived. Everyone sprang into action! 

And what an answer to prayer: The rain held off and we were able to capture everything we were hoping to shoot! We loaded into the vans & by the time we reached home, we were soaked in the predicted rain showers. 

Thank the Lord! 


While Kori captured the 'real' photos, Andrew grabbed our alternate camera and snapped a few very random, crazy moments that are bound to happen every time we attempt a nice, classic shoot. So, while the final photos are still in production, here's a glimpse of yesterday's action: 






I will praise You, O Lord my God, with all my heart,

And I will glorify Your name forevermore.

Psalm 86:12

12 comments:

Caravan Sonnet said...

Ahh!! These are great!! I smiled and laughed as I saw them! Thanks for sharing y'all!!
Blessings,
Rebecca :)

Alison said...

Oh my word... these are FANTASTIC. What a hoot! =D
Love,
Alison

Jessica said...

What a great photoshoot in such a short time! I love your outfits! Praise the Lord for answered prayers!

Kayla Weaver said...

I loved seeing these pics!! Made me smile! Thanks for sharing!

Tashia said...

Ahh loved these!!

Chelsy Renee said...

love these-LOVE the neutrals!! Beautiful job Andrew + Kori!!

Ashley Miller said...

When is the cd coming out? Does kori have a blog?

Elizabeth. said...

These are so great - absolutely love all of the laughter captured in these! :) Kori does such a fabulous job - excited to see the final CD! Blessings!

Rebekah @ Heritage of Grace said...

Family projects are always the best! Isn't it great when the Lord answers prayers exactly how/when you need them? I love it when that happens! It makes me feel so blessed!

I'm sure these will be great memories for you all!

Peta said...

Hi from Australia! I've been reading your blog for a couple of weeks. You have such a lovely family. We have a dream to have a family band one day, our 5 year old is beginning piano lessons this week and I'm really excited about it. We have four little ones aged 5,4,2 and 9 months. Blessings Peta, www.goddardhome.blogspot.com.au

Anonymous said...

awesome pictures!! I love your dresses!

Anonymous said...

Love all the girls pictures 😄❤️