After our cupcake-baking marathon and the joyous celebration of Josh and Kaitlyn's wedding, we had one final day to spend in Orlando with our dear friends.
Sunday started early as we had the privilege of sharing a morning service with Eastland Baptist. What a rich time around God's Word and in praise. Unfortunately, we didn't have our camera along for the morning, so the above picture is all we were able to capture.
Afterward, we visited one of our favorite snack-shops: Red Mango.
When we made our first trip to Orlando in 2003, these young adults were just little kiddos.
How quickly the time flies!
And anyone who has ever told us of the Florida heat and humidity was certainly not exaggerating! After a full weekend, it was great to relax and cool off. Being highly competitive as we are, we had a rousing game of relay races across the small pool. Work hard / play hard, right?
And before we knew it, the bus engine fired up with the familiar rumble -- which is always our cue to come running. Our short visit had come to an end.
We arrived home Tuesday evening with a long to-do list before heading on tour again this afternoon (Thursday). Over the past two days we've had a lot of action around our place:
- Painting large back-drop posters/sets for the children's ministry at Lake Itasca Family Music Festival
- Printing verse posters and finalizing costumes/props for the same event (We're super excited about the theme and drama this year!)
- Picking and processing 145 quarts of sweet corn.
- Shopping and deciding on a new set of coordinating clothing for the upcoming concerts.
- Mailing out website orders and catching up with office correspondence.
- Laundry, cooking, garden-tending, and all the various real-life stuff that invariably needs attention.
And now we're officially on the road headed north to the annual Lake Itasca Family Music Festival!
We're excited for what the Lord has in store for the weekend. We're always so encouraged by various conversations with the families in attendance. We also have several opportunities to share over the weekend. We covet your prayers. Dad will be teaching a session on family ministry, we will be leading two hours of children's ministry, and several of us will be helping with the instrumental workshops in addition to singing on the showcase stage.
If you're within driving distance, please consider joining us for the weekend! For the rest of you, we'll look forward to sharing pictures in the coming days.
"For we are His workmanship,
created in Christ Jesus for good works,
which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them."