Monday, July 07, 2014

Fifteen Years

Community.

Honestly, that's one of the things we love the most about this little online place where we share a taste of our lives with you. Many of you have watched us grow over the past 9 years.

(Have we really blogged almost nine years?!)

You've shared our laughter and joys. 
You've lifted us in prayer during crucial times. 
You've rejoiced over answered prayer. 
You've celebrated with us in the joys of courtships, marriages, and new births. 

Wow.

This past weekend we celebrated 15 years of music ministry. Yes, fifteen! It was July 4, 1999 when we were first asked to share a concert at Seward's July 4th celebration. To say we were nervous would've been an understatement! No, we would never have guessed that we'd spend much of the next 15 years on the road, covering 42 states, and producing 12 music projects.

But isn't that the joy of serving the Lord?! We simply remain faithful each day. Seeking Him. Drawing near to Him in prayer. Resting in His presence. Serving in the doors He opens. And He has a way of taking our ordinary lives and making something beautiful. Whether your life touches a thousand or a few, it is for His glory alone.

We are very ordinary. With struggles, challenges, and shortcomings. We know that full well! But this weekend was a special landmark in the journey of our family's path. Its not about us, but about a God who can take the ordinary and transform it beyond our wildest dreams or imaginations!

And you've been a sweet, tremendous part of that journey. Thank you!


We're also grateful for the many of you in the blog world who have linked to this spot. That's the beauty of community! To make this easier for you, we've recently updated our blog button. Just copy the link in the box below to add to your blog or site.

If you add the web button, please comment on this post with your website link! We certainly need each other's encouragement as we endeavor to "exhort one another, and so much the more as [we] see the Day approaching." Heb 10:25


Wissmann Family


As mentioned, we just wrapped up our annual July 4th celebration. 
Yes, we have lots of pictures to share!
Stay tuned...

19 comments:

Alison said...

Oh. What a reason to rejoice! God has been so faithful to your family. It has been a joy to follow your journey here on the blog for over 3 years now, and I am excited to see what else the Lord does in your lives! Loved getting me meet many of you on the cruise, as well. Thank you for the testimony you have shown as you have remainded in Him and therefore allowed Him to bear fruit in your lives (John 5).

Lastly, looking forward to the upcoming pictures!
Alison

Alison said...

{so sorry for typos!}

Alicia said...

Thank you for your commitment to the Lord and your ministry. You are a blessing and encouragement to so many.

Cryslyn said...

Congratulations, Wissmanns! It has been a pleasure to get to know your family through this blog (and in person!). Your family has inspired and blessed me in so many ways!
God has done wonderful things in your family's life and it has been an adventure being able to partake in them with you through your blog. :-)

God Bless you all!
Cryslyn

(P.S. I look forward to seeing the upcoming pictures!)

Bianca Jago said...

Wow 15 years! Congratulations :)

I've already had your button for a while; my blog address is http://beemjago.blogspot.com. :)

Keep producing great music!

Anonymous said...

Wow I beat Lexie to comenting

Lois said...

I've been following your blog for 4 1/2 years and even though we haven't met I feel like I know all of you. :)
It's neat to see the hand of the LORD through it all. May He grant you many more years in the ministry, and may you all draw closer to Him.

In Christ,
Lois

p.s. I think this is one of the first time I comment on your blog. :)

Jessica said...

I feel like I know you all so well since I've been following your blog for almost 5 years now! The Lord has truly blessed you these past 15 years, what a blessing to be able to serve Him as a family!

I really hope that one day I'll be able to meet you all in person!

Blessings,
Jessica

AmyG said...

Gloria and family, I wouldn't say that your family is ordinary! You are a light and salt and everything good, and we love and appreciate you all!

AmyG said...

Gloria and family: I've grabbed your button and link for my blog. I haven't gotten the link to work yet, but I will. Thank you! I'm here:
http://vomitingchicken.com/4th-tomfoolery/

Anonymous said...

Hey! Is there a way to preview some of the songs on "My Heart, Your Home"? My dad would like to hear some before buying. Thanks!

Bethany said...

Certainly! You can hear clips on iTunes. I hope this is helpful!

Caravan Sonnet said...

Y'all I am so grateful for the way that you have followed the Lord's leading throughout these many years. Thank you so much for sharing God's tender love and mercy with so many of us (here on the blog and in person!) :) :) Prayers for y'all as you continue to follow the Lord and minister to so many!!
:) Rebecca
p.s.- SO glad that you mentioned about the blog button! I thought that I had already posted that on my blog but hadn't! It's officially on there now! :)

Marie said...

Love, love, love your blog!!! Your family is such an inspiraton to me :)
http://millcreekmamaofsix.blogspot.com

Rebekah @ Heritage of Grace said...

Hi from So Cal, Wissmanns! I added your button to my blog.
http://heritageofgrace.wordpress.com/
We have several of your CD's, and really enjoy them. May the Lord keep you faithful to Him, free from worldly conformity, and humble.

I have you on my prayer list,
Rebekah

Anonymous said...

Bethany, I tried looking on iTunes, but I don't have an account with them. Is there any other way to hear them?

Lexi said...

Hey Wissmann's,
Time flies when you are doing something fun, which you all are. Can't wait to see the pictures!
In Christ,
Lexi

Rachel said...

Hi Anon:

You shouldn't need an iTunes account to listen to sample tracks. I've included the direct link below:


https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/my-heart-your-home/id709537843

I hope this is helpful! Thanks!

Sweet Magnolias Farm said...

I just found your blog via "The original Duggar family blog" ..

So thrilled because I love bluegrass and especially gospel bluegrass ! Can't wait to hear your music ...

I added your blog button to our blog I hope it blesses you all ..

I look forward to reading your blog and learning about your family.

Blessings
Sara