Wednesday, June 04, 2014

A Season's End


The past three months our lives had moved at a lively pace. Pushing one-hundred percent on the irrigation work. Planting and tending the gardens. Wrapping up school for the spring. Serving in children's ministry, both in Nebraska and Iowa. Investing time in local ministry. Several weekends of touring. Planning our fall tours. 

And since we're just winding up with all the irrigation work, Dad declared that it was time for a little family fun. Our family likes to work hard together -- and then play hard! With a cousin's wedding in the direction of a favorite almost-second-home, we took some time to celebrate the close of irrigation season.


Loaded in the bus


Almost there!


And yes, a family favorite spot is Silver Dollar City. It was such a treat to take in the Bluegrass and BBQ festival. Lots of great pickin' & grinnin'. Not to mention all the other attractions that has made SDC a popular family stop. 


We're here!


The whole crew


Standing in line for a ride


Sister smiles!




Charissa is a brave coaster-rider! She jumps in with the older ones on all the fast rides.




Ummm....yes, and more smiles!


And we finished up the weekend by dressing up for our cousin's wedding.

Annual seasons of life are refreshing, aren't they?! In early spring we're excited to get out in the fields to work, sweat, and see how much we can accomplish. But its also sweet to see that chapter close until fall. We'll now be switching gears to music once again. Working on new songs and arrangements -- and Lord-willing, a new recording and songbook. We're also excited about hitting the road for quite a few tours this summer and early fall. 

Are you ready for summer?

"And there you shall eat before the LORD your God, 
and you shall rejoice in all to which you have put your hand, 
you and your households, 
in which the LORD your God has blessed you."
Deut 12:7

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What will your new songbook include?

Al and Sherry said...

So glad you all got to do that together! Wish we could have seen you while you were down this way! Love SDC. Take care and God bless your next season! :)

Cryslyn said...

I loved all the fun, colorful pictures - thanks for sharing!

I'm really looking forward to your next cd! Will you be including the song "Exceeding Abundantly" on your album? It's certainly one of my favorites and I enjoy it most when it is sung by my favorite group. ;)

God Bless you all!
Cryslyn

His Way Services said...

What?! No way!! Oh! My family and I just got back from Branson! We arrived on Sunday. If we'd been there a few days earlier, we would've gotten to see you there!!
Oh! Well, I'm glad you had fun.

Looking forward to updates on music and hope to attend a concert some time this year if possible.

God bless. Rebecca K.

Rebekah @ Heritage of Grace said...

I'm ready for summer but started (mandatory) summer classes, and I'm suffering from a bout of wanderlust. So tell me how that works! :D

Diwakar said...

Hello the Wissmann Family. So good to know you through your profile on the blogger. Once again I am also glad to stop by your blog " The Wissmann Family" and the post on it " A Season's End". I am blessed to see all amazing pictures of your family. Your family is a blessing to who so ever stops by your profile and blog post. I do not whether you would approve my comment or not just because it has more stuff then just a commnent on your blog post but I want to do it again. I am in the Pastoral ministgry for last 35yrs in the great city of Mumbai, India a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We rech out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young people as well as adults from the West to come to Mumbai on a short / long term missions trop to work with us in the slums of Mumbai to share the good news of Jesus Christ and to give them new life, hope and future. We would love to have young people from your family as well as their friends to come to Mumbai on a short / long term missions trip to work with us. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. I am also in touch with one of your blog post follower and that is Cryslyn. God willing I am going to meet her in my coming visit to States. I will be so blessed to visit your family. Praying for you all.

Lexi said...

Hey Wissmann's
Yes I'm ready 4 summer! My allergies r rly bad. I wanna go to silver dollar. Looks like u all have a fun time at silver dollar. I love weddings!
In Christ,
Lexi