Friday, January 31, 2014

Rachel

NOTE: This year for our birthday posts, we will be highlighting a ministry or resource which has been a personal blessing to the birthday person. We hope you'll be blessed by some of the resources which have made an impact on our lives -- individually or as a family. 


Happy Birthday, Rachel! 

She writes: 

A ministry which has recently been meaningful to me is the hymn-writing of Keith and Kristyn Getty.  As a songwriter with much to learn, I'm challenged and encouraged by their meaningful, rich, theologically deep lyrics. Their melodies are soothing, joyful, and uplifting in turn. Music is such a powerful tool and I desire to grow in the ability to put God's Truths to music. Their example spurs me onward. 




I waited patiently for the Lord;
    He turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
    out of the mud and mire;
He set my feet on a rock
    and gave me a firm place to stand.

He put a new song in my mouth,
    a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear the Lord
    and put their trust in Him. Ps 40:1-3

6 comments:

Alison said...

Oh, love this birthday post idea. :)

Happy Birthday, Rachel!

Graham Donahue said...

Happy Birthday! I could't agree more about the Getty's. If the songs I write could be half as good as theirs I would be doing great. Part of the credit should go to Stuart Townend as well as he contributes a lot to their music.

Graham

Desiree said...

Happy Birthday, Rachel!

Lexi said...

Happy Birthday Rachel!
In Christ,
Lexi

Cryslyn said...

Happy Birthday, Rachel! May the Lord continue to bless you yet another year!

P.S. Love the birthday post idea. ;)

Amy Jo said...

Happy Birthday Rachel! I'm glad we still get glimpses of you on here. Have a wonderful year.:)
Amy