Saturday, November 09, 2013

Mongolia Update #1

Today marks two weeks since I landed in Mongolia! I have already experienced the Lord's working in such mighty, specific ways. I'll look forward to sharing more in the future. But for now, here is a quick glimpse of my international flight and new surroundings: 



Preparing to board my international flight. 
I even got to watch them load the luggage!


Lunch is served! 
A delicious pasta salad, chicken & pepper stir-fry, wheat roll & cheesecake, 
served with water, tea, coffee or your choice of wine. 
I was satisfied with the water & tea.  
It far exceeded my expectations for plane food!


After 14 hours of flying at 40,000 ft, it was good to see land once again! 
My view from the plane, just moments before we landed in Seoul, South Korea.
It was a short flight to Mongolia, and after a good night's sleep 
we were ready to head for "home".



Welcome to the local tire shop! 
On our way to the village we had 3 flat tires (which is not at all surprising once you see the roads!). 
It ended up being a beautiful day to travel.  We got to see miles of beautiful countryside 
scattered with winter-ready yurts, animal herds & trails. 


Sheep, goats, cattle, horses, camels & even field mice
roam the country side in herds (packs). Everyone is preparing for winter.


After 14 hours in a van... and many new Mongolian experiences...
finally... we are a street away from home!


Yes, the only source of heat in my cozy cabin! 
There is nothing like a warm fire after tramping in the cold outdoors. 
(Its currently 9 degrees f. Brrr!)


Thank you so much for all your prayers on my behalf! 
The coming weeks contain a promise of lots of interaction with the dear Mongolian people... 
meeting neighbors, having visitors, learning, laughing & growing!

Until next time...


"Let Your work appear to Your servants, and Your glory to Your children. 
And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us, 
and establish the work of our hands for us; yes, establish the work of our hands!" 
Psalm 90:16-17

9 comments:

Nancy B said...

Thank you for sharing with us!

Lexi said...

Glad it's going good for u! I'll b praying 4 u!
In Christ,
Lexi

Rebekah @ Heritage of Grace said...

How exciting! Thanks for the update. Praise the Lord that you arrived safely there! Looking forward to learn more about your Mongolian experiences, so I hope a second update comes up soon. :)

Anonymous said...

Love your update!! So glad to hear and see all that you shared! Many Blessings!! Sara V

Talitha said...

Thanks for the update! Sounds like quite an exciting adventure. It's so good to hear that you are doing well, Ruth! I can't wait to hearing more on how the Lord has been working. I will continue to keep you in my prayers. All the best! :)

Alison said...

Thanks for the update! Praying for you, Ruth!

Cheryl Kissling said...

Just read your email today, too. Praising the Lord for His grace to you and your service to Him! What a perfect combo! Wish I could come for tea to your sweet cabin.

Sharon said...

That is so exciting, Ruth! so happy you can do that! This added more fuel to my desire to go on a missions trip!

Anonymous said...

Ruth so happy to see pics of your trip;) thanks for sharing:)