Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Husker Tour

I know this is interrupting the traditional Christmas-themed posts. Because really -- our house is a bustle of activity today: baking, wrapping gifts, and all those wonderful preparations that are probably happening in your home as well. Alan/Rachel and Dan/Bethany/Arianna are all arriving this Friday for a weekend of family togetherness and Christmas celebration. We're giddy with happy excitement!

But that's news for another post.

Back to interrupting the Christmas-theme. We've had these pictures as a blog draft for awhile, but I thought I'd randomly post them today. Since we do live in Nebraska, its logical to assume that we enjoy Husker football. Its true.

And sometimes its good to break up the routine of life and make some far-out [sometimes crazy] family memories. Taking time to tie heart-strings by adventuring on a family field trip together.

So that's what we did this past October. Since attending a Husker game is quite out of the picture, we signed up for a free tour of the stadium, only 25 miles from our home. And a lively, good time was had by all!


The hall of fame


Tunnel walk


Everyone lined up for a 50-yard dash. 
On your marks, get set...


GO!


Center field


Alaythia accomplished her goal this summer: the splits!


The happy four-some.


Have you set aside time recently to make special family memories?! 


Behold, how good and how pleasant it is
For brethren to dwell together in unity!

Psalm 133:1

6 comments:

Johanna said...

Wow! Alaythia can do the splits? You go girl! :)

Blythe said...

I always stare at Hannah in almost every post cause looks SOOOOO much like Rachel!

Cryslyn Brewster said...

That looks like a fun family event! :)

Anonymous said...

That looks like SO much fun! All of my family really enjoys football too... We are Bison fans, though!
Hayley R.

Lexi said...

Omg wait a go Alythia with the split! My mom, sister, and I r going to r grandparents on Sat!
In Christ,
Lexi

Sarah said...

I used to be able to do the splits. Used to. Then I got out of shape. I wish I could still do them. Hey, but good job, Alaythia!