Tuesday, October 01, 2013

A New Adventure


"I will praise You, O Lord with my whole heart; 
I will tell of all Your marvelous works. 
I will be glad and rejoice in You; 
I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High! 
Psalm 9:1-2

Praise the Lord! I (Ruth) am excited to share with you some of the marvelous works of God! He has opened the door for me to spend 8 weeks in Mongolia. It has been incredible to see God put the many details together. 

Over the past 3 years, the Lord has given me a growing desire to go on a missions trip. Since the beginning of 2013, whenever I would pray about a short-term trip, the country of Mongolia would come to mind. Yet this appeared like a huge impossibility because Mongolia is a very tight culture. I have been told that the only way to get a visa into the country is to have a written invitation from someone living in the country. 

However nothing is impossible with our God!! He has provided an invitation through some recent friends who have lived in Mongolia for many years. They asked me to join them for a variety of opportunities, including first aid & health services (which are right up my alley)!  

And because of several extra & unexpected jobs this past summer ... He has already provided the funds for plane tickets & living expenses while I'm out of the US! I am praising the Lord!! He is faithful! 

Thus with my parents blessing & encouragement, I will be heading for Mongolia in just under a month. I greatly covet your prayers as preparations are made and throughout this new adventure God has in store!! 

The beautiful Mongolian countryside

17 comments:

A.J. said...

That's wonderful! What an amazing opportunity, so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful how the Lord provided this opportunity for you! I wish I could join you! Whenever I thought of a place to be a missionary Mongolia or China always came to mind. Praying for you!
~H.L.

Alison said...

Ruth!
What a WONDERFUL opportunity! I am so excited for you! And I am looking forward to hearing about it all once you return.

You can count on my interceding on your behalf. Be safe and enjoy this great blessing!

Love in Jesus,
Alison

Anonymous said...

Ruth, that's fantastic! What a wonderful gift from God! My prayers will be with you, and I look forward to hearing how God continues to guide and use you in this incredible mission opportunity.

Blessings, Noreen

Anonymous said...

Such a blessing!! Praying for your journey!
Mrs V.

Lexi said...

Ruth congratulations! I'm so happy for you! Going on a mission trip is so amazing. Not only do you get to grow closer to God but you get to be a light to others.
You, your mom and, your sisters are gorgeous! You and your family are so encouraging and you all are truly a blessing from God in my life. I love listing to you all sing and play your instruments! You all sing and play so marvelously!
In Christ,
Lexi

Anonymous said...

The is wonderful.:) God is so good. I will be praying for you on your trip.
Ashley

Talitha said...

Rejoicing with you dear Ruth! This is truly exciting news. It is always amazing to witness God at work as He brings the details together to accomplish His will. I will surely be praying for you. Wishing you all the best!

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking of you and your upcoming trip periodically. I know God will use you greatly...why else would he be sending you there? Praying for your safety and wisdom as you share God's love in such tangible ways.

We are having a bittersweet week here. My dad (86) fell and hit his head hard enough to cause a brain bleed. He passed into the arms of Jesus on Sunday. He knew the Lord and loved to share his favorite verse - John 14:6 I am the Way, the Truth and the Live; no man comes unto the Father but by me.

Love in Jesus,
Cheryl

Hannah said...

That is so exciting!!!!:) I'll be praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is truly exciting Ruth!! God is SO good to us isn't He? I'm sure that since God made it possible for you to go that He will go with you the whole way!! Enjoy your time there to the fullest and serve to the fullest!!:)

Jim said...

I'll be sharing your news with our folks at Charter for the opening of our month of missions this Sunday. Our prayers are with you.

jg (the dinosaur pastor):-)

Bethany Johnston said...

That is so exciting! I love hearing about how the Lord provides and leads! I'll be praying for you, and God bless you!

~Bethany J.

Godly-young-widow said...

Wow Ruth that is SO awesome! Praise God! I was just praying for you, that God would give you a new opportunity and was SO excited to see this! May He continue to guide you in every step.

Becca said...

I'm so excited for you, Ruth!
We will be praying!

Blessings,
Becca

dianna said...

How lovely, Ruth! We will be praying for you. I find it so amazing how God can work the impossible so seamlessly together in so quick a time!

May you be richly blessed on this special trip. And I am looking forward to hearing all the ways that He shows Himself mighty through your adventure!

Blessings on your journey,
Dianna

Sarah said...

Thank you for sharing how the Lord has led you! I am so excited to hear about your adventures, and I will definitely be praying for you.