Friday, October 25, 2013

Mongolia Bound


As I type this, Ruth is officially headed overseas. She left around 3:30 this morning with loaded suitcases, a heart full of anticipation, and as many hugs as we could give her before saying goodbye! 

I'm already envisioning all the adjustments she'll be making in the coming days. Jet lag. Language barriers. Cultural differences. Climate shock (it's currently 23 degrees). New faces and friends. New challenges!

But it is beautiful to see her joy and peace, embracing this new opportunity. Excited for the adventure the Lord has in store. Trusting that He is leading and will give grace for each new stretching experience. Amazing times ahead!



Yesterday the family put in a huge day working in the fields (irrigation season is in full swing), but afterwards, we all got together for a send-off party. Around our house, that means there was an abundance of food, some good-natured teasing and laughter, prayer time, and lots of hugs all around. 


Josiah & Abi


Hugging Aunt Ruth


Asher


We love you, Ruth!


I know Ruth would covet your prayers today as she travels -- and in the coming weeks as she digs in to life in Mongolia. We look forward to hearing reports as she'll be checking in here on the blog with updates!

"For we are His workmanship, 
created in Christ Jesus for good works, 
which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." 
Ephesians 2:10

13 comments:

Sara said...

I will be praying for Ruth, and I am so looking forward to her blog updates! May the Lord bless as she embarks on this new adventure in serving the King of kings!

His Way Services said...

Have a great trip, Ruth! May God bless you and mightily use you there. I can't wait to hear about your updates.

Rebecca K.

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for Ruth and I am looking forward to her updates.:) My the Lord bless her as she shares His word!:)

Betty Maendel said...

We will be praying for you Ruth! So happy for you!:) The Maendel family

Lexi said...

I'll be praying for Ruth!
In Christ,
Lexi

Caravan Sonnet said...

Prayers are with Ruth and y'all! May our Lord bless her and keep her as you embark on this adventure that the Lord as you on Ruth! Looking forward to hearing all about it!
Blessings, Rebecca :)

Holly said...

This is so awesome. What an amazing opportunity to work among people of such a proud and ancient culture. We will also be praying for Ruth - that this experience will enrich her and that she will enrich the lives she touches. I have no doubt she will. God Bless!

Talitha said...

I will surely be praying for Ruth. Looking forward to hearing how God will use Ruth in Mongolia! :)

Sarah said...

Ruth has our best wishes and prayers for a safe and wonderful trip! We look forward to the updates as you post them! God bless you Ruth!!

Elizabeth. said...

Praying! I'd love to see a re-cap post from her adventure, Lord willing, when she returns. =) Ah, I've been so blessed by her sweet encouragement and servant's heart and I'm sure she's blessing SO many over there, too. =)

Desirae Clopper said...

God Bless you Ruth! I pray that God will use your in Mongolia for His Service :)
I'm praying that the Lord would allow me to take a missions trip someday. I've heard it's a life changing experience!! :)

Anonymous said...

1 Corinthians 11 2-16

Anonymous said...

Hannah's blue eyes are sooooo cute.