Friday, July 12, 2013

4th of July

"Sing praises to the LORD, who dwells in Zion! 
Declare His deeds among the people."
Psalm 9:11

I was reminded of the above verse as I looked over these pictures from our July 4th performance of "Let Freedom Sing!" What a blessed opportunity it is to proclaim truth from the public square. To share  Scripture and authentic quotes from our founding fathers. To remember the sacrifice and vision of those men and women who helped birth our nation; their reliance on God and His Divine providence and protection. 

We were able to to share the musical twice over the July 4th festivities, with many people in attendance. Thank you for your prayers as there were so many details to pull together in a short amount of time. And without further ado, here are a few pictures of the performance: 



"Good morning! How may I help you?"


"Now is the perfect time! Time for me to make my fortune!" 


"This land is your land, this land is my land."


"We're livin' in the promised land!" 



"Attention, men!"


"Present ARMS"


"And the fish was this big!..."


The redcoats advance.


"Lay down your arms, you rebels!"


"No! Not Elias. No!"


"I need my pa here. Why did he have to go?"


"What is this freedom you died for?"


"We mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor."


"It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains."


"Calm down, my friend, I have a plan to which you should agree." 


"For a sparrow cannot fall without notice. 
Is it probable that a nation can rise without His aid?"


"In God we trust!"

For those of you in the Omaha area, we will be sharing an additional performance this Saturday (tomorrow) at the Millard West High School Auditorium, 7:00pm. Attendance is free. 

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

So glad that it went well! It was such a blessing to see "Let Freedom Sing!" a few years back. :) Praying as you share it again tomorrow! Blessings!

Anonymous said...

That's so AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad that u all got to do Let Freedom Sing!!!!!!! Looks like a lot of fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also love singing songs to God throughout my day!!!!!!!!!!!!
In Christ,
Lexi

Kelley Fry said...

Loved the show-Havent seen it since the year before Kori and Andrew got engaged! Ryder enjoyed it, too, and got really into it (even to the point of trying to yell the lines ;) ) So thankful I was able to see it this 4th!

Rachel said...

I love the pictures!
If y'all have more we would love to see them.
Rachel

Caravan Sonnet said...

Thanks so much for sharing pictures of the performance! Y'all were in my prayers!! Hope to be able to see a live performance of it someday!! :) Thank you again for sharing!
:) Rebecca

Sarah said...

Wish I could see it! thanks for the wonderful pictures and updates! and Happy 4th :)