Saturday, June 22, 2013

A New Production


Hello friends! Rachel here, from the amber fields of Kansas. Yes, wheat harvest is in full swing and my recent delight is delivering lunches to the combine...and keeping my wonderful farmer company as he brings in the golden harvest. Every season is full of new adventures on the farm! I'm taking pictures and hope to share more later.

But for now, I'm excited to share a new project which has been in the works for the past several months. Well,... years actually! A long-time dream has been to complete a recording project of original children's music. Over the past 7+ years I've been thrilled to be involved in helping to create children's music/curriculum, both as part of our family ministry team and with the NCHEA Kid's Conference.

I prayed about trying to squeeze in a recording project last spring before our wedding, but time slipped away too quickly. However, Alan has the same vision and enthusiasm, so he encouraged me to lead the children's choir here at our local church and spend time writing more music to complete the project in 2013.

Thus, next week we look forward to actually recording all 20 of the children's songs I've written over the years. To those familiar with our family's children ministry, you'll recognize songs such as, "Alpha, Omega", "Jehovah Reigns", "Stand for Truth", and others. Several will be new, as I've just completed them this past year.


Would you join us in praying for this project?! Our goal is to provide a meaningful children's recording with solid lyrics, cheerful melodies, and creative instrumentation. We have big days ahead of us and will specifically need wisdom and strength to record these songs. Typically we enter the studio having rehearsed the songs on stage many, many times. We won't have that advantage with this project. May the Lord's power be evident as we trust in Him!


Matthias has been working with the family instrumentalists to bring the songs to life with creative arrangements. In fact, he's picked up a few new instruments to feature, including the ukulele and mountain dulcimer. In all, we plan to include 18 different instruments! I'm excited to see how it all comes together!



For those of you who so graciously pray with us on these recording projects, I'll be posting daily  updates on our family Facebook page. We begin recording early on Monday morning.

I'm so thankful for you -- our friends and online community -- for the encouragement you are to our family and to myself personally.

Continuing in HIS Love,
Rachel

Note: For those of you who are curious, the family's newest CD project is making progress as well! They had a number of setbacks due to their work and travel schedule, but they hope to debut the new album by mid-summer. I've heard most of the completed tracks and they are fantastic!


"And let us consider one another in order 
to stir up love and good works, 
not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, 
as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, 
and so much the more as you see the Day approaching."
Hebrews 10:24-25

7 comments:

Arnie said...

Wonderful! I hope to be first in line to buy both CD's!!!

Caravan Sonnet said...

This is WONDERFUL!! Praying that the Lord would use this and be with y'all throughout each day!! I am so excited for these new projects!!! Thank you for sharing so that we can be joining with you in prayer!
:) Rebecca

Annie said...

So excited about these new CD's!! I'll be praying for your family this week. :)

Anonymous said...

I"M excited to hear the new music!....yeah!

Elizabeth Lindsay said...

Wooohoo!!!! Cant wait! :D

Sarah said...

I am praying for you guys! it looks like a wonderful production! I am so happy to see all you guys put together, you're an amazing family! :) We are all excited for the new cds!

Amanda said...

Cool! That sounds like a great project! Its nice to hear from you and Alan! I am really lookng forward to the new CD!