Thursday, May 30, 2013

Spinach, anyone?!



We've been enjoying the bounty of garden greens this spring! Last fall we planted 1000 seeds of spinach right before the ground froze, and now we're reaping a bountiful harvest every day.  Since it grew during the frosty days of spring, it's been the mildest, crispest spinach ever. We thank the Lord for His provision of fresh homegrown greens!


While many of us enjoy eating the fresh, garden salads, most of our produce is picked, blanched, and frozen to use this winter in soups, lasagna, and spinach dip. Yum!

What is your favorite use for garden greens?!



I will praise the Lord according to His righteousness, 
And will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.
Psalms 7:17

4 comments:

Amanda said...

We like to put spinach or swiss chard in our pasta...which we season with olive oil, herbs and parmesan cheese...DELICIOUS! Its one of my favorite meals!

Sarah said...

Wow, I have never heard of planting spinach in the fall! we will have to try that. Our has not yet begun producing. Glad you are enjoying such a wonderful harvest!

DebKHageman said...

I've never heard of planting spinach in the fall. Also, how do you blanch and freeze it? I'm cutting mine daily, and sometimes I can't keep ahead of it. Deb

Anonymous said...

I've not had spinach in forever! I loved eating it.
In Christ,
Lexi