Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Farm Journal: Autumn

Greetings from the sunny, Kansas farm! I know its been awhile since you've heard from us. Alan and I are blissfully enjoying this season of marriage together. It is an incredible thing to serve the Lord and grow with the love of my life. In keeping with the season, here are just a few of the recent joys I'm thankful for: 


Beautiful Kansas weather - perfect for afternoon walks!


Learning to cook for two. It's splendid.


Have I mentioned that I enjoy my kitchen?


Getting to cuddle this adorable niece.


Listening to my family sound-check during the recent 'reunion' concert. They are doing so well musically and its exciting to watch the younger girls grow into their new responsibilities.


Visits from my sisters! 
We've actually had an abundance of overnight guests lately: 19 days out of 25, to be exact. Completely delightful! 


My new adventure: salve-making for moisturizing and skin-healing. 


A visit from a wonderful friend -- why did the week have to fly so quickly?!


Team-working with Anna to add curtains and other darling touches to our home. 


Directing the children's choir at our church. Right now we're eagerly preparing for our Christmas musical in a couple weeks!


And, of course, my handsome man...who daily loves me, prays with me, encourages me, and gives me a thousand reasons to admire him and thank God for the treasure of being his wife!

Oh yes -- and this picture is from our recent tree-cutting adventure. I'm looking forward to decorating for our first country-style Christmas together!

What are you thankful for today?! 

Oh, give thanks to the LORD! Call upon His name; 
Make known His deeds among the peoples!
PS 105:1

12 comments:

Annie said...

Rachel, I so enjoyed hearing from you. These pictures are lovely; thank you for sharing, my friend! I'm so glad you're well and happy. =)

Many blessings and much love in Christ,
Annie

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for the update, Rachel...it is such a blessing to hear from you here on the blog. =) Loved seeing the pictures and hearing about some of the things that have been filling your days recently...so happy for you! =) Blessings!

Alison said...

Loved this! So nice to hear how you and your man are doin'. I'm thankful for you and your encouraging family! ;)

Sharon said...

Wonderful to see you so happy Rachel!

Thanks for sharing a piece of your life with us. Alan is a lucky man:)

Blessings,

Sharon

A Heart of Praise said...

it was fun reading your update! there is so much to be thankful for!

Anonymous said...

Rachel, I was wondering if you have ana email address that I could use to contact you, please? :) I am a young, single girl who is looking for a Godly mentor. Thanks so much!
-Alison

Desirae Clopper said...

Do you sell the hand salve?

Beanie said...

Do you really live on a farm? It's beautiful! :)

Anonymous said...

Please disregard my comment. Thanks!
-Alison

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord for His bountiful blessings! I'm so happy for you.
I am thankful for lots of cozy family time as we get closer to the holidays!
In Christ,
Sarah

Amanda said...

So good to hear a little bit about your new life! I always look forward to your posts Rachel!
I'm thankful for my family and friends.

Mrs. Mari said...

So good to read you on the family blog. You and your husband seem so happy--God is so good!!

Will you be selling the salve? I would love to try it as rainy and cold WA winters are so hard on my skin.

Blessings