Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Prayer



PrayerA solemn request for help or expression of thanks addressed to God.

Prayer is powerful! It has an impact; it is vital. As we are in election day today I can't help but think that this is so much more than just going into the voting booth, checking the little boxes, walking out and going on with your life! We have the incredible and unique opportunity to make a difference in our nation. We are choosing the path our nation will take for the future. This is a huge responsibility!

America has been one of the most blessed countries in the world. And that is not just by chance or accident! If we want America to continue to be a free blessed nation, we must work, sacrifice, vote, and PRAY for our country.

The first Congress held in Philadelphia on September 5, 1774, opened with prayer which lasted for several hours! When news reached Virginia of the closing of the port of Boston due to the Boston tea party, June 1st was set aside as a day of fasting and prayer. And there are so many more stories of our founding fathers diligently praying for America. Let us not take lightly what SO many people have sacrificed for!


"You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it." - John Quincy Adams


"If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."
2 Chronicles 7:14

7 comments:

Shaylyn said...

Amen!!! Prayer is so vitally important to the future of this country. (I like the new picture by the way) ;)

Arnie said...

Powerful quote! Even more powerful verse! Praying!!!

lisa said...

Love the new header! :)

Caroline said...

I received a really wonderful prayer forward about praying for our country and that it be a God-centered, led by faith, nation. It was really what I feel needs to be circulated these days.

Happy Election Day!

Hannah Kilpatrick said...

Hey,
I was just wondering where you got the pattern for Alaythia's dress, or if you made it. The one she is wearing in blog header. I love it!

Thanks, Hannah

Amanda said...

I love your new family picture too!

Anonymous said...

Those are good quotes! It made me think of a video/documentary I recently watched. I bet you would all like it. I have watched a couple of your performances and I am impressed how you emphasize family so much. The man in the documentary talks about how our nation has gotten to where we are now. He said the core issue or battle is between God and man. We are turning more and more away from God, family and the Bible. He goes on to say we can only fix things through prayer, reading the Bible and relying on God, and educating ourselves. It is really good and I hope you take time to watch it.

http://vimeo.com/52009124

Thanks again you are all great!