Thursday, August 02, 2012

Heading Out


Last week we were all spread out! Dad, Matthias, and Stephen were working at a job in Kansas. Ruth, Elizabeth, Susanna, and I were visiting Alan and Rachel. And Mom, Alaythia, Nathanael, and Charissa held down the home fort.


Now this week we all were home praying, practicing and preparing music.....because today we head out on a 10 day trip to Minnesota and Iowa!


We will be singing at the Lake Itasca Music Festival as well as presenting The KIDS' Musical Storybook Hour which we have done the last several years and SO enjoy! Daddy will be speaking on family at a workshop and Matthias and Stephen will help lead the dobro and mandolin workshops. The REALLY happy news is... Alan & Rachel and Andrew & Kori are driving up for the weekend to help with Lake Itasca!!! ;)


Our schedule for this trip is...

August
                    2          Seward County Fair                      Seward, Ne                6 PM
                 3 - 5        Lake Itasca Music Festival            Lake Itasca, MN
                   5           Assembly Family Church              Warroad, MN            7 PM
                   6           St Peter Lutheran Church              Randall, MN              7 PM
                   7           Community Country Church         Holdingford, MN       7 PM
                  11          St Paul's Lutheran Church             Postville, Iowa            5:30 PM   
                  12          St Paul's Lutheran Church             Postville, Iowa            9 AM


We would really appreciate prayers for the whole time we are gone! 
- That God would use the music to touch lives, and draw people to Himself. 
- That the programs would go well. (this is our first trip without Rachel)
- That we would have safe travels .
- And mostly that God would be glorified!!!


I will praise You, O Lord, among the peoples, 
And I will sing praises to You among the nations.
Psalms 108 : 3

11 comments:

Becka said...

I so wish you were coming back to WI... We'll miss you guys this year :(

Shaylyn said...

Safe travels! Wish we were able to come but the space in between us is too large. Praying for God's blessings on your trip! :)

Anonymous said...

I will pray for you guys. I was introduced to your family through Grace Mally's blog and have been following your blog for a while. -Dinora from Chicago

Talitha said...

I can't wait to see you all and hear your family perform at the Itasca Music Fest!! I am so happy that Alan and Rachel will be there too! :)

Praying for you... may God watch over your travels and richly bless your time ministering!

See you Saturday!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that you will greatly miss Rachel on tour, but I know that you will still do great! I pray that God will bless you with safe travels, and that lives could be touched by your ministry. God bless your family!!

Anonymous said...

Come to PA!

Anonymous said...

does rachel have her own blog? thanks!

Dad Wissmann said...

Rachel hasn't set up her own blog as of yet. If and when she does we will link it to this blog. :-)

5boystokiss said...

We were so blessed by your familys' visit to Lake Itaska. Thank you for coming and sharing. We drove up from the Twin Cities, and though I knew it would be an uplifting weekend for our family, I had no idea how much I would come to love your family. I am trying to write a post on modesty over at my site. I wonder if some of the lovely ladies in your family would be willing to share your views and some pictures with me of your version of Modern Modesty and the need for it. I know your busy, and if you tell me you just don't have the time, I will understand. It was just such a blessing to my husband and I to see so many modest women in one place(that wasn't church) Thank you for your time and testimonies.

Anonymous said...

ok thanks for the info! God bless you all!

Anonymous said...

hey u guys should come upto ON again sometime!!