Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Bridal Soiree



I walked in the church fellowship hall and almost couldn't believe my eyes. My dear friends and sisters had transformed it into a darling wonderland of pink cuteness! Was this for real?! My very own bridal shower? 

I am continually in awe of the fact that the Lord has so beautifully brought such a godly, sincere, fun-loving, hard-working, handsome man into my life. That he loves me with all his heart. And that I get to be the lucky girl to become his wife. Wow. 

And if that alone isn't enough, we have the most incredible, dear family and friends who are rejoicing with us and so generously have showered us with gifts for setting up our home. This past weekend we had two bridal showers -- one with our church family in Omaha, and the other in our hometown community. Such fun! Kori so graciously and skillfully captured lots of pictures to share, so here's a glimpse of the festivities: 


The decorating crew


As if that sign in the background isn't completely-adorable enough, they also created a 'Make-Your-Own-Fruit-Pizza' buffet. Delicious! 


And speaking of delicious?!!? Enough said!  


It was such a treat to have our grandparents join us for the weekend!
[Love you BIGGER!]


Joanna and Charissa had a blast playing together -- as always! 


Opening gifts. Seriously, people's generosity is completely humbling and overwhelming. Alan and I talk about how MUCH we have to be thankful for -- so much kindness in helping to set up our new home!


More gifts


Love how this card was addressed!


I enjoyed that my sisters gathered 'round to watch me open each gift. 


My dear friend, Anna, was a marvelous hostess for the evening. She kept us laughing!


Sister smiles

"So we, Your people and sheep of Your pasture, 
Will give You thanks forever; 
We will show forth Your praise to all generations."
Psalm 79:13

21 comments:

goatpod2 said...

How fun and nice! Joanna is growing up too fast.

Blessings,

Amy

Anonymous said...

where is your love story? We've been waiting so patiently.

Rachel said...

Anonymous -- Yes, you have been very patient -- and we haven't forgotten! Hopefully it will be worth the long wait!

Esther said...

Wow! That must of been so fun! I can't wait for your wedding. When is is again? I am so happy for you! Keep being a bright light.

Rachel said...

Esther -- Our wedding date is June, 30, 2012. 74 days away!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You look so very happy and pretty! I love your shirt! May I ask where you got it? :)

Emiily B. said...

Congratulations!! Looks like y'all had a wonderful time!! :) I am sure you are getting more and more excited as your special day keeps getting closer!! :)
Blessings!!

Heritage of Grace said...

How lovely! It must have been so fun and exciting; all your joy radiates out of your writing and the photos. So you will have your song "You are Faithful" sung at your wedding right? :)

And I am awestruck that you actually made that beautiful dress that you had on your engagement photo shoot! It turned out great, and fits you well. Wish you could post a dress pattern or tutorial for us one day.... :)

Anonymous said...

do you have any concerts soon? Your website doesn't say so. But you have to be singing, right?

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for the love story and wedding pictures later on!!!

His Way Services said...

Oh, how sweet! The pink theme is adorable. I'm so happy to see a bridal shower full of femininity, frills, feminine colors, all girl.

Some of the bridal and baby showers we've been to in the past few years, the ladies have dressed so casually that it bugs me. A bridal shower is a momentous occasion, it should be a time of celebration.

Rachel, you look so beautiful! The pink and white really compliments you especially with your blonde hair.

Must be so hard to believe that it was YOUR bridal shower.

God bless! Rebecca K.

Karissa said...

I can't tell you how HAPPY I am for you!!! I only know you through the blog, but you are such a huge encouragement to me! I hope you and Allen have an AMAZING life together! You absolutely deserve it!

Talitha said...

Everything looks so cute and it sounds like you had a very special time! Love the pictures with your sisters. :) I'm so happy for you, Rachel!!

Anonymous said...

All you girls are so beautifull :)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful time!

So happy for you Rachel:)

Sharon

JoyfulJewels4Jesus said...

Oh, I am SO happy for you, Rachel! [smile] Aren't sisters in Christ extremely sweet?! Thanks for sharing about your bridal shower! Your smile is always so radiantly joyful and I'm looking forward to hearing the story as well. =)
Blessings,
Elizabeth

Shaylyn said...

Aw! What a special blessing!

Lydia said...

How pretty everything looks! I am so happy for you!

Are you going to be coming to MI for the INCH conference with your family this year?
Lydia

navicade said...

This is good preparation of party. Everything looking good and happy as ell as balloons really amazing. Everything is perfect.

Annie said...

This looks like so much fun! I'm so glad you were able to enjoy your own bridal shower at last, Rachel. =) Love the last picture... beautiful!

Savories of Life said...

both showers were grand! when is the wedding. Answer on my blog.

would your family like to do a cd and /or giveaway in June? I would feature you.

e-mail me at vsbelley(@)gmail.com