Monday, February 06, 2012

Remembering Back...

Five years ago at this time our family was sitting along the roadside gazing at the crunched remains of our accident-torn bus. Bewildered. Shocked. Grateful. We were surrounded by ambulances, fire trucks, and medical personnel. But thankfully -- mercifully -- we didn't need their services.

We stood in the damp, morning air, hugging each other and checking to make sure we didn't have any injuries to report. Trying to grasp the fact that the crazy mess of household items strewn all over the interstate were indeed, ours.

Now, five years later, we still look around us with utmost gratitude. Life has continued to march forward with many changes and transitions. But some events in life seem to freeze in time. And for our family, that February morning is a monument of God's merciful, gracious protection.

"He has made His wonderful works to be remembered;
The LORD is gracious and full of compassion."
Psalm 111:4

12 comments:

Annie said...

Wow. I'm thanking the Lord for His protection for your family that day!

kenton said...

Thank God for His protection. I love visiting families and asking them about past testimonies and seeing their countenance change right before my eyes! We all need to share stories of God's faithfulness. Thanks so much for sharing.

Talitha said...

Wow. What a memory to hold and what a testimony to share! God is so good!

Thanks be to God for His protection over your family that day and always!

Lily Marie said...

'Wow' is all I can say! =) I'm so thankful the Lord had His hand holding you all that day...making sure everyone was safe. How wonderful it must be to have that testimony! Praise Him for what He does.

Anonymous said...

When I happened to stubble upon your blog that was the first post I read. I've been following your ministry ever since! Praise God for His protection that day and in the many miles since then. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

5 years later, I believe it's not still too late to give thanks to God for His deliverance. Having been involved in a similar accident i truly believe in the verse in Psalms 34 that says "The angel of the Lord surrounds them that trust in Him."

His Way Services said...

What a mess! Wow! I read that post too. What an amazing story, especially about little Charissa!
Someone once said,"There are no ifs in God's world". But when you think about what could've happened, it helps you see more how gracious God was!
God bless! Rebecca K.

Kristi said...

I remember reading about this when it happened. Isn't God so good!!??

~Kristi

Arnie said...

I remember my co-workers helping me to get on the internet at work to check out your pictures; and how our jaws dropped as we read your testimonies of God's miraculous intervention to save many lives.
I'll never forget that!

Anonymous said...

Yikes! That picture still gives me chills! Glad it's in the past and we can reflect on God's mercy and faithfulness!
Love you all.
The Jasters

Anonymous said...

Wow!God is good!Just another thing to show that he is in control!

Anonymous said...

C'mon!!!! Next Post PLEASE!!!!!