Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Fieldtrip Day

We were recently able to spend a few days at Dan and Bethany's house. Which we really enjoyed! One of the highlights as spending a day touring an airplane museum in the DC area.

Getting ready for the tour!

Our family pilots (Dad and soon to be Stephen) and the pilot wanna-be (Nathanael) would name all the airplanes for us and patiently explain when we girls did not quite understand all the gizmos and gadgets that make up the airplane frame.

In the museum you could see the plane that droped the atomic bomb, the plane that was peddled across the English Channel, and the test space shuttle -- and believe me when I say, and MANY MORE!!! It was a great family experience!

"Oh, satisfy us early with Your mercy,
That we may
rejoice and be glad all our days!"
Psalm 90:14

--Posted by Hannah

14 comments:

goatpod2 said...

How fun!

Blessings,

Amy

Blythe said...

Oh,looks like loads of fun!
I always thought it would be cool to fly a plane or sit in its cockpit.

-Blythe

Desiree said...

Looks like fun! Mr. Wissmann and Stephen sound like my brother who is in the Air Force. He will tell us there is such and such a plane and ask him "what kind of plane is that";) He is currently studying how to fix a plane and we sometimes get lost in all he is saying!

Rebekah said...

Oh how interesting! I love museums like those and my sisters and I LOVE watching the annual military air show in our area! It's just thrilling to watch those planes do acrobatic tricks in the air. So many people come and watch it every year, never tiring of them!
Maybe your brothers will become fighter pilots...

David Kent said...

Ahhh... The National Air and Space Museum's Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center.

I'm jealous (bad of me I know).

Thanks Hannah for posting.

David Kent
No bears on the deck this year (yet).

Talitha said...

Your museum trip sounds very interesting. I can't imagine that many planes. I'm sure you learned a lot!

I also have to add that Charissa's dress in the second picture is simply adorable. :)

Bloombunch Boys said...

Looks like y'all had fun!
That place is full of airplanes and jets. We have been there a couple of times.
We really enjoyed seeing y'all the other night, and playing wonderful games of volleyball.
,Joshua,

Esther W said...

Awesome!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thats nice you got to go to that museum. My family and I went there two years ago and we had a blast. It was great hearing y'all sing Tuesday night. God Bless!
Janelle

Anonymous said...

Will you be going to Branson this year again?

Anonymous said...

That sounds fun, and educational!
God bless,
Elizabeth Lindsay

Mikailah said...

Wow... that must have been such a neat experience! :) Thanks for sharing... I love the pictures! ;)

In Christ,
Mikailah

Spencer Rothfuss said...

I've been there once and it was lots of fun! I'm sure you enjoyed it!

Anonymous said...

I've Been there Great place! Jerald Horner