Sunday, June 12, 2011

NICHE Conference

"Who can utter the mighty acts of the LORD?
Who can declare all His praise?"
Ps 106:2

It's been a full weekend in DesMoines, Iowa. But the above verse sums up the activity-packed days perfectly well. We were able to bring our Kids Conference [The Great Adventure] to the Iowa Homeschool Conference during this past Friday and Saturday.

Over the past year, the Lord has really laid a vision of discipleship on our team's heart -- praying for young people to catch a vision for serving and ministering in their own home areas. The young people of Iowa were such a blessing as they partnered with us to make this program possible. And we saw so many answered prayers!

I'm currently working to put together a full slideshow from the weekend [since I have hundreds of great photos to share], but for now, here's a little glimpse from the Conference:

I love watching the children learn the new songs and grasp the message of the words they sing. Certainly a personal highlight!

And Stephen was my side-kick for this conference. The children loved him!

Charissa was thrilled to be on a team for this Conference. She especially loved the songs and would put her whole heart into the singing.

Ruth's team -- Chili

Elizabeth's team -- Egypt

Hannah played the part of Alice Hadley in the drama.

And Matthias had the most 'eventful' weekend of all. He sprained his ankle the night before the Conference began, causing the drama team to improvise for his part. So, wielding a crutch in disguise, he valiantly took the stage for all his parts! We thank the Lord his ankle seems to be healing well.

We've had lots of requests for an update on the newlyweds. Hopefully we'll get more posted soon, but here's a quick picture from the weekend. They came and joined us for the Conference. In fact, Kori was the official photographer and captured most of the pictures on this post. [Thank you, Kori!]

Kori also helped lead the preschool time.


"Praise Him for His mighty acts;
Praise Him according to His excellent greatness!
"
Psalm 150:2

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks like lots of fun. I like the pictures. Can't wait to see the slideshow.

Annie said...

Oh...I was so excited to see this post, Rachel! =) Thank you for all the hard work that went into bringing the Great Adventure to Iowa. We REALLY appreciate it! =) I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to help out, and I'm already looking forward to next year!
I'm looking forward to seeing the slideshow too. =)
Love in Christ,
Annie

Schumachers said...

looks like fun:) We'll miss you guys this week at PBC :( Have a great summer! talk to you later. Bye, Jody Schumacher

Jireh-Shaddai said...

Hi Rachel! It seems so funny! We are really glad you enjoyed the time and Lord blessed you :)
My mother loves your music, could we buy a cd for her birthday? Thanks :) Blessings and greetings

Anonymous said...

Awwww! I love the picture of Charissa! So sweet!
Are you and your sisters coming to the Omaha Strong in the Lord Conference?? Hope to finally meet you soon! *smile*
~Elizabeth Lindsay

Anonymous said...

Good work you guys!! I was really looking forward to a 'partial' update on Andrew and Kori ;) and I hope Matthias's ankle heals quickly!

michaela said...

I cannot express how blessed I feel that you brought the Great Adventure to Iowa.

I had a wonderful time helping out! My two youngest siblings enjoyed it very much, and are always asking me to sing the songs :). They can't wait till next year!

Blessings,
Michaela