Friday, June 03, 2011

Making Memories

As Rachel mentioned in the last post, some of us are spending a whole 10 days at Grandpa and Grandma's house. It has been so much fun thus far and we are looking forward to the rest of our time here!

Our Grandparents are some of the most amazing people! I am so grateful for their wonderful example to me.

Grandma, I think one of my favorite things about you is your amazing cooking, of course, but also getting your wonderful hugs, listening to you read bedtime stories, watching you play the organ, letting us eat cookie dough, and so much more!

Grandpa, I love your teasing! Your jokes and funny stories, watching you work in the shed, eating cookies and ice cream with you, going on bike rides, answering your math quizzes. Its a blast!

And in addition to spending time just talking, laughing, story-telling, and enjoying the company of our grandparents, we've been having loads of fun adventuring together. Here are a few pictures:

Biking is always a favorite pass time!

Playing with the wagons.

Making cookies

Mmmmmmmmm!

Swinging

Another tradition at Grandpa and Grandma's house -- BALL TAG!

RUN!!!

You're it!

Climbing the tree

Another favorite thing to do is play in their windbreak.

We make forts and play all sorts of games!

It's watermelon season!

Juicy smiles

Mmmmmmmmm!

Love you BIGGER Grandma & Grandpa!!!

--Hannah

"For His merciful kindness is great toward us,
And the truth of the LORD endures forever.

Praise
the LORD!"
Ps 177:2

13 comments:

JoyfulJewels4Jesus said...

Thanks for sharing, Hannah! Spending time with loved ones like grandparents is such a blessing! Looks like you are having loads of fun...and that watermelon looks absolutely delicious! Thanks for the update-blessings!

With Joy in Christ Jesus,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Such fun pictures! How neat to be able to share such warm memories with Christian Grandparents. By the way...love the socks, Susanna! I do that all the time! :)

Arnie said...

What? No Roy Rogers, yet????!!!
Great post and photos! Tell grandpa I am thankful for his service!.
[I think your finger slipped: you meant Psalm 117:2.]
Again, great post! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I think my favorite pictures are 8,14, and 16. My very favorite is 14.

In the last picture, the girl on the left, are her eyes really that blue?

From Bethany

goatpod2 said...

Loved the pictures and this post Hannah! Always loved spending time with my Grandparent's especially my Mom's parent's though but both of my Grandpa's are gone now though.

Blessings,

Amy

Anonymous said...

Great post :)

Glad to see you're enjoying your time :)

Quick question -- I was wondering if Rachel could do an updated post on the newlyweds - Andrew & Kori.

It would be nice to see how there first few months of marriage is going, have they settled in, set up their new home, and what keeps them busy now-a-days.

Thanks, I know the blog readers would appreciate it :)

Schumachers said...

Looks like tons of fun. Being with family is always a good time. I like the watermelon pictures. Take care!
Love, Mindy

Emily Skogen said...

Thank you for the post Hannah! I really enjoyed it!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhh! FUUUUUUUUUUUNNNN! It looks like y'all are enjoying yourselves!:)
~Elizabeth Lindsay

Anonymous said...

I agree with anonymous. It'd be great to hear how Andrew and Kori are doing since they never update there blog.

Becky said...

Looks like a lot of summer fun! My grandparents are with the Lord now, but I have memories with a part of them.
Thanks for sharing the pics!

Nathan said...

The radiators in the house look almost exactly the same as the Soviet radiators over here!

Anonymous said...

I think the Hannah/Charissa swinging picture is SO sweet!
I missed that in my childhood!!!!