Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Citrus Days

During our 'reunion' weekend following the wedding, we had the opportunity to spend an afternoon picking fresh oranges. Amidst the dancing rays of sunshine and fragrant orange blossoms, we enjoyed several hours together in the grove.

The happy winners of an impromptu 'orange picking' race.

We were SO thrilled to have our grandparents join us! Everything is always more fun when they are around. "Love you BIGGER!"

There's nothing like breaking open a fresh orange to enjoy.

Our littlest 'picker'

Nathanael enjoyed his long-time tradition of getting to drive the lawn mower.


Mmmmmmmmm!


Wishing we could share with y'all!

Bagging enough to last us awhile.

And mostly, just enjoying the time together!

THANK YOU, KNUTH FAMILY!

"The LORD is my strength and song,
And He has become my salvation;
He is my God, and I will praise Him;
My father's God, and I will
exalt Him."
Ex 15:2

13 comments:

Summer said...

I love oranges!!! They look so good! Looks like you had a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Yummmmmmmmy

Annie said...

Oh, yummy!! =) Looks like you had a fabulous time together! (And gorgeous photos, by the way.) Especially the last one...such beautiful lighting and colors! =)

Arnie said...

"Grunt...gasp...groan...unnh...it is...gasp... requiring every...uhh...fiber of my... groan...being to resist bringing up the...ohhh...color of Nathaniel's lawn tractor!!!!! Can't...hold...out...any...longer:
GREEEEEEEEEEEENNNNN!!!!!!!!
Ahhhhh...feeling better now! Sorry, Loren!

Arnie

Anonymous said...

for a moment I wondered how come Bethany shrank or something.. or Dan grew.. then I realized it was ALAYTHIA :)

what a wonderful day together!

goatpod2 said...

We smelled a lot of orange blossoms and saw a lot of orange and other citrus trees while we were in Florida from February 24th-March 3rd.

Blessings,

Amy

Talitha said...

Orange heaven! Mmmmmmmmmm! That looks like a very *delicious* place to be! :)

Jennifer said...

What kind of camera do you guys have... those pictures are GREAT! :-) Looks fun!
~Jenn

Elizabeth Lindsay said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! And once again, MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! Wish I was there with y'all! *smile
~*~
Me

Charity U said...

Mmmm, we wish you could share too. ;)

Savories of Life said...

Sure sounds like fun! I ahve picked apples, blueberries and pumpkins but never oranges.

Jenna said...

What a wonderful time you all must have had! Thank you for sharing the sweet photographs... I had a delightful time viewing them!

Many Blessings,
Jenna

Kate Grant said...

Alaythia is growing UP!!!