Saturday, February 26, 2011

Science Center

With free day presenting itself this week, we enjoyed an afternoon exploring a nearby science center. After recently re-vamping some of our school goals, everyone has been doubling their efforts to study diligently on this trip. Thus, most of our travel time has been filled with stacks of books and projects. The timing was perfect to take a few hours off for some hands-on learning and fun!


Working on math puzzles...


Examining the intricacies of a peacock feather.

And more brain-work puzzles.


Examining the 'surface' of Mars.


And clocking the speed of passing cars.

Fun with animal puppets.

And learning about various roof structures and wind effects.


"And I have filled him with the Spirit of God, in wisdom, in understanding,
in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship,” Ex 31:3

12 comments:

Linda said...

We are never to old to stop learning, but I was wondering...how many of you are actually still in school? How many are you are studying in the K-12 capacity and how many in the post graduation...doing some sort of a college type of study?

It looks like a very fun museum.

Jael Trinklein said...

You guys were at the St. Louis Science Museum! How cool! Wish we could've met you there! We live only an hour away, and got there rather often!
We are enjoying all your CD's.

Desiree said...

Oh, that looks like fun! I hope to go there sometime.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had a lot of fun! :)

Kristi said...

I love those Hands-on Science centers. We have one in Charlotte called The Discovery Place. It's great.

Looks like y'all had a good time!

~Kristi

Elizabeth said...

Oh! Sounds fun!!
~*~
Elizabeth

goatpod2 said...

How fun!

Blessings,

Amy

Ruth Ann said...

Rachel! I love your skirt. Where did you get it from, if I may ask? :) those colors are my favorite!

Ashley said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I've kind of wanted to go and see there. Thanks for the pictures.

I awarded you an award. Check it out on my blog: http://honduranatheart.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I love how you managed to incorporate this "hands-on learning" into your studies! Science museums can be an excellent way to learn! I really enjoyed my visit to the Science Museum of Minnesota and learned a lot.

Arnie said...

Stephen: love seeing you keeping at the math! Good man!

David Kent said...

2 pretty Martians Examining the 'surface' of Mars.

And clocking the speed of passing cars.
Did you catch any speeders?

Fun with animal puppets.
Cute!