Friday, January 07, 2011

All in a Day's Work

We've recently had requests for more 'home-life' posts. Now that we're actually in Nebraska for a few weeks, we're able to document some of our home activities. And yesterday we had a unique one! Dad has been preparing to sell his shop property -- which has been a mechanic/paint/storage area for years and years. Thus, it required declaring an official "Clean Up" day with all hands on deck! The weather was great, conversation lively, and we were amazed with how much was accomplished with several hours of intense teamwork!

And here are a few pictures:

Sweeping

Nathanael spent the entire afternoon carrying loads to the dumpster.


Hannah's project included the loft area -- a bit dark and foreboding. We were glad to see her emerge periodically with a huge grin!

Organizing piles of paint and oil.


Alaythia was another steady 'runner' to the dumpster.

Ummm...yeah, I helped, too. *smile*

Teamwork fun!

Carry...sort...dump...sweep
[And repeat process over and over!]

The official 'dumpster team'

Smiles as we realized the end was in sight!

Daddy and his helpers

Ummm....yeah, maybe the grimy work was starting to affect us!
*smile*

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might."
Ecc 9:10

16 comments:

Daniel said...

Cool! I don't think I've ever left the first comment before! :)

That looks like it was quite the project - I'm very glad to see all of you tackling it together, and with plenty of smiles. I remember hearing about that Challenger too ... I'd love to hear that baby rumble!

God bless you all!

Daniel Bryson

Schumachers said...

WOW! We had to clean out one of our sheds like that lately and it dose get a little dirty. Looks like fun! Thanks for the update.

Love, Mindy

Sarah said...

Wow!

I was looking at the pictures when my brother walked by... he saw the picture with the cool looking car and said, "Wait! Go back up! Who's car is THAT?!!"

*smile*

Love the 'home post' Rachel!!

Sarah G.

amy said...

Looks like you all had a fun time together even with a lot of work to do! In the last two pics Stephen looks really tall! Is he really that tall?? =)

Amy

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the smiling faces of all you workers! Work can be so much fun when the whole family is working together! God has blessed you many hands to help. :)

Leah said...

Love the update!! Thanks so much! :) Just curious, who took the pictures? And where is the rest of the family? :)

Elizabeth said...

Cute! I love the last picture! :)
*I am blessed by the smile Jesus gives me*
Love,
Elizabeth

JoyfulJewels4Jesus said...

Lots of diligent helpers! =) Looks like you accomplished a lot of hard work! The last picture brought a smile to my face. =)

Blessings!
Elizabeth

Arnie said...

Seeing you all work, all of a sudden l feel slothful! Well done, good and faithful workers!
Blessings!
Arnie

Bethany Joy said...

Thanks for sharing with us, Rachel! I really enjoy reading your 'home-life' posts. Everyone looks so happy to be helping out!

-Bethany

Addie said...

I love the post Rachel! Reminds me of a few of our adventures! :)

Miss Linda said...

Isn't it amazing how much clutter can find it's way into a space? I always love the work of cleaning out an old barn or attic--when one begins the project it seems so daunting and yet toward the end there is a wonderful sense of accomplishment! I cannot help but compare it to a soul that has been soiled by a lifetime of sin. God in His mercy cleans out the old garbage, sweeps away the sin, and in His mercy permits a soul to begin anew!

~Desiree~ said...

Looks like some hard work! But its great that you got it gone. The last picture is so funny. I thought I'd let you know that I got you new CD today, and I love it! Y'all did a wonderful job on it!! Keep serving Christ, and I will keep praying for you.

ajfcello said...

Looks like fun! And a lot of work! :-)

Rachel Wissmann said...

Amy -- Yes, Stephen is tall, but Matthias is actually the *tall* one in that picture. And he was being goofy and stepped on a bucket for the pictures. So no, he's not really that tall!

And the rest of the family were holding down the fort and making a delicious supper to celebrate our accomplishments. *smile*

amy said...

Oh, I see ;) Sorry about getting Matthias and Stephen mixed up...I'm getting better at putting names with faces, but I guess I'm not quite there yet. By the way, thanks for taking the time to answer my questions (here and the one about the dress pattern), Rachel!

Blessings!
Amy