Thursday, December 09, 2010

The Reason We Sing:

Praise the LORD!


I will praise the LORD with my whole heart,
In the assembly of the upright and in the congregation.

The works of the LORD are great,
Studied by all who have pleasure in them.

His work is honorable and glorious,

And His righteousness endures forever.

He has made His wonderful works to be remembered;

The LORD is gracious and full of compassion.

He has given food to those who fear Him;
He will ever be mindful of His covenant.

He has declared to His people the power of His works,
In giving them the heritage of the nations.

The works of His hands are verity and justice;
All His precepts are sure.

They stand fast forever and ever,
And are done in truth and uprightness.

He has sent redemption to His people;
He has commanded His covenant forever:

Holy and awesome is His name.

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom;

A good understanding have all those who do His commandments.


His praise endures forever!

Quotations from Psalm 111
Photographs taken by Kori Knuth

7 comments:

Ruth Ann said...

I *love* these pictures. The outfits just make me smile. =) I wish y'all would film this...I'd so love to see it!

SarahLee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bethany Joy said...

I really enjoyed this post, Rachel! Also, the pictures are beautiful! Awww...Charissa is so cute:)

Blessings!
-Bethany

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! I would love to see it too!

Anonymous said...

Awesome blog! I love your music. I will definitely be checking back :) -C
p.s. It's so funny you quoted psalm 111 - I have been Singing it all day!

amy said...

The pictures are beautiful! I enjoyed seeing them all! You all look great and the dresses are so very pretty! I did have a question...did you use a pattern in making the green dresses that Hannah, Susanna, and Alaythia are wearing in the 10th photo? If you did, what pattern did you use? (I'm assuming you all made the dresses.) If you have a moment to reply to this comment, I'd be delighted to hear your answer! Thanks so much!

Amy

Rachel Wissmann said...

Amy -- Thanks for your question! The pattern we used for the girls' dresses is actually an old [(c) 2000] McCalls Pattern [#2603]. You might be able to find it online somewhere?! It was super easy to sew and we did end up making a few alterations to the pattern.

Hope this is helpful!