Monday, November 01, 2010

Requesting Prayer


The costumes have been sewn. The musical arrangements completed. Lighting and sound have been practiced, and staging props prepared.

And tomorrow is the big day. Honestly, we have been clinging to the following verse this weekend --
"The horse is made ready for the day of battle,
but victory rests with the Lord." Ps. 21:31


We can invest much time and effort to share the message with excellence -- and that is certainly our intent. But ultimately, we recognize that it's God Who draws people and works in their hearts. So we're earnestly praying for His grace and power to be at work in a mighty way. Our new theater is significantly larger than we've had in previous years. We're praying for God to bring people to the show. And especially for the Gospel message to go forth and touch hearts. There is such an incredible opportunity to share the message of Jesus Christ during this season!

Would you join us in prayer for this opportunity?! Our first show is at 10:00 tomorrow morning, and we covet the prayers of you, dear friends. May the Lord do mighty works for His glory!


I will praise You, O Lord my God, with all my heart,
And I will glorify Your name forevermore.
Psalm 86:12


12 comments:

Arnie said...

I commit your service to daily prayer.

Love to all,

Arnie

The Grady Family said...

We're praying.

S for all

Eden said...

Oh, I'll be praying that you all do well and that God uses y'all to bless and encourage some hearts. :)

Jenna said...

We are all praying for you here in Michigan...

Blessings to your whole family!

~Jenna

Annie said...

I'm praying for you all!! May God's will be done as He works through your show! Wish I could see it. =)
Many blessings,
~Annie~

Daniel said...

I found this post at 10:03 AM your time, on 11/2 ... may our all-sufficient God give you strength and grace for these shows, and use all of you to bring glory and honor to His magnificent name! May you all have good health, a spirit of Christian love, and stamina to make it to the end and finish this stage of the race well. I so wish I could be there just once! :)

God bless you all!

Daniel, for the Bryson family

David Kent said...

I second ALL that Daniel wrote except I found your post 10:34 AM your time. :-)

David

Becca said...

I will be praying for your family, that you will all stay healthy, your shows will go well and God would bring people to your preformances.
Wish I could come to one of your shows.

Blessings,
Becca

~Desiree~ said...

I will be praying!

Summer said...

I sure hope I can come down see you sometime! Yes, I'll be praying for you!

Laurence said...

How did it go?

Shane said...

My wife has told me about your family for years and we finally made it to see you guys this mornign in branson with my parents. I was so impressed by your family. The musical gifts the Lord has given and the obvious surrender to the Holy Spirit of your family caused the show to be the highlight of our trip. We will continue to follow your family and pray for you as you continue to minister. I hope we are able to cross paths again in the future. Blessings as you spend the next few months in Branson.