Monday, September 13, 2010

Reunion Concert

This year marked the 10 year anniversary of our first trip to sing at the Old Threshers Reunion in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa. Over the years, it has truly become a 'reunion' for our family as we look forward to seeing hundreds of familiar faces, friends, and family [and many of you blog readers!] that have literally watched our family grow up.

But this year, it became a "reunion" in a different way! Since our family is growing and spreading out, the moments we're together are becoming few and far-between. So you can imagine our surprise, elation, and squeals of delight when we discovered that Josiah decided to fly the rest of the family to Mt. Pleasant for the day! We spent 12 amazingly delightful hours together -- which included two very memorable concerts.

Thankfully, our wonderful sister-to-be, Kori, captured some of the priceless moments:


Charissa singing "God Bless America"






With two banjo players in the family now, we had to have a "dueling banjo" challenge!


Stiff competition, Andrew?!?


Joanna never lacked for attention...


...but didn't quite know what to think about the enthusiastic crowd!


And a reunion concert isn't complete without singing "Praise God."


And as an added twist, Bethany's lil' look-alike took the mic to give it a try!

Such fun!



Praising God together...


...and lovin' every minute of it!


"Let all those who seek You rejoice and be glad in You;
And let those who love Your salvation say continually,
"Let God be magnified!"

Psalm 70:4

14 comments:

Kori said...

Love it! I still smile thinking about how fun that concert was! ♥

JoyfulJewels4Jesus said...

What a fun time you must have had! With the whole family there, it must have been quite a wonderful time! Did you take any photos of the entire family? It would be such fun to see them! :)

Blessings!
Elizabeth

Annie said...

It looks like y'all had so much fun together! =) I loved seeing the photos with Bethany...so sweet! I would have loved to be there, but maybe next year. =)
Love in Christ,
~Annie~

Lily said...

So much fun! What a blessing it must have been to have the whole family there at the same time! I love the second picture--that lil' songbird is just chirping away. :) I'm so glad Bethany was there as well--I can't imagine how much you all must miss her!
Just looking at pictures reminds me of the concerts I've been to. I'm sure many people were blessed!
Looks like so much fun! Oh!...and Joanna is *simply* adorable.

~Desiree~ said...

Must have been fun being all together! Cute pictures.

Schumachers said...

Oh man you guy must have had loads of fun. I'm glad you all got to spend time together making memories. Love Mindy

Anonymous said...

Would it be possible to post a video of Charissa singing 'God Bless America'? We'd love to see it! :)

Sarah said...

Awww! Love all the pictures! And little Charissa isn't so little any more!! I can't wait to hear HER sing!! Can you up load a video? I'd LOVE to see/hear a video!!

Steven, really! I thought my brothers were skinny!!!! :D Just kidding!

Go Andrew and Mathias!! :D FUN! My brother just started banjo lessons and is loving it!

Looks like a fun, blessed and God centered time!!!

Sarah

Charity U said...

Wow! It looks like a great concert! Wish I could have been there. And how fun to have Bethany there!

Lydia said...

What a fun time you must have had! I know that I enjoyed the one you did at INCH!

Blessings!
Lydia

The Marshall Artists said...

Oh, how wonderful that you could be all together!

Kori, you did an amazing job capturing all that joy! :)

Allison

ajfcello said...

Looks like tons of fun! I wish I could have been there! : )

Daniel said...

That's awesome! :) It's great to see the WHOLE family PLUS, together. I'm sure you all will remember that day and any others like it for a long time. Wish I could've been there to see and hear it (pick them banjos, boys :)!

Daniel

Anonymous said...

When is your new CD coming out?