Tuesday, September 28, 2010

As the Days Fly By

The gentle breezes of the Lake Erie shore gave a refreshing hour of delight last week. We've spent much of the past several days in Ontario, Canada enjoying both the gorgeous colors of autumn and the encouraging fellowship of the saints.

In addition to several music concerts, Dad also taught a 'Family LIFE Conference' in Canada. We were so encouraged by the dozens of young families who came, soaking in the teaching of Biblical principles. There was obviously a desire to raise a generation to love the Lord!




Admittedly, this has been a very full trip for our family. Yesterday was actually our first 'free' day since we left on September 9th. There have been many miles of travel, many opportunities to share, many rich conversations. And intertwined have been the moments of 'real life': piles of laundry, schoolwork, grocery shopping and meals, preparations for Branson, finalizing details for our new CD...and the list continues!

But along the way, the Lord has given these moments of rest. Time to soak in His Word and enjoy His creation. Time to pull back from the craziness and rejoice in Him.

And somehow, it's those quiet moments spent resting in Him that enable the rest of the schedule to function. He is faithful!

"Your mercy, O LORD, is in the heavens;
Your
faithfulness reaches to the clouds."
Psalm 36:5

4 comments:

Charity U said...

How fun! I glad the water wasn't so cold that it ruined the day for people. We went "swimming" in Lake Michigan one time in October, I think. Brrr...but we had SO much fun. (-:

bassplayer7 said...

I'm glad you were able to take a "break". An hour isn't much time, but it's still worth it! And of all places there is something about those lakes that is so refreshing (the ocean too, for that matter)!

Thanks for posting, keep it up! I pray God will give you protection as you travel, and grace as you sing and minister to families. Stay on the course God has called you to.

JoyfulJewels4Jesus said...

What a wonderful, refreshing time at the beach you must have had! It sounds like you are very busy and I'm glad you could spend some time in God's Creation, enjoying the soothing waves & cheerful sunshine! Thanks for sharing the update!

Blessings!
Elizabeth

Lily said...

Thanks for the update! I love when you capture such special moments on camera and then share with the rest of us. ;) Who took those pictures? Just curious, they are wonderful! And I really like the first one of the bird. When my family went to Florida this last year, a seagull paused right in front of me just like it was posing for me. Of course I grabbed my camera and snapped a pretty close-up one of it. (Well, the closest picture I've ever gotten of a bird! They are hard to photograph sometimes, them flying around and all!)
So glad you all have your 'moments of rest'. Aren't they so nice? I read this verse today in my Bible-reading that I thought was so peaceful! I believe it is Isaiah 40:31.
Anyways, thanks again for sharing!

Love in Christ,
Lily