Thursday, August 12, 2010

Potato Digging

Last week we had the special treat of spending a couple days at our grandparents' home in Iowa. With large gardens and endless farm-yard adventures, our days were filled with activity:

Heading to the potato patch


Ready to start diggin'!

Turning the ground


The digging team


Muddy hands

Smiling faces

And laughter all around -- everything is more fun at our grandparents'!

Ready for Grandpa to wash us down with the water hose!


And mission accomplished -- Ah, the joys of summer!



"then I will give you rain in its season,
the land shall yield its produce,
and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit."

Lev.2:4

12 comments:

Lydia said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Yesterday my Mom, Sister, and I worked all day in the garedens. We are getting ready for our Bright Lights "Greatfulness" banquet.

Hope to hear more from you!

Lydia

Jenna said...

I love all of the pictures - they're always fun to look at:)

We need to go and dig up our potatoes today...you've given me the inspiration!

Blessings,
Jenna

Erin said...

Homegrown potatoes are the best.... [smiling face] thank-you for sharing all the pictures, great to hear from you!

JoyfulJewels4Jesus said...

Loved all of the photos! Looks like your hard work was well worth it! Isn't it fun to get your hands dirty in the garden sometimes?

Blessings!
Elizabeth

Charity U said...

Good job! (-: Looks like a lot of work, with lots of fun sprinkled in. (-;

Megan.Margaret said...

We have potatoes from the garden too--so delicious!

~Desiree~ said...

Looks like fun:) The pictures are cute.

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! Enjoyed the update. Love Mindy<3

ajfcello said...

OH! how fun! I love home grown potatoes! So delicious! Love the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great "P" Day!
"P" for People, photos,potatoes, and pleasure(or should I say "phun"?!)

When are you coming out to California again??
Miss you folks!
Blessings to you,
The Greer Family

Lulu said...

Hello-I'm glad you had fun.
Also, I'm happy that I met you at the Lake Itasca Family Bluegrass Festival! I especially enjoyed getting to know Alaythia. (this isn't my real name on here-but tell her I was the one with the same watch as her!) She's a sweet girl and such a joy to be around.
Have a blessed day.
Lulu

Alisha said...

Dear Wissmann Family,
I absolutely enjoy listening to your music and just came across your blog. I love reading it :)

Can't wait to here more from y'all!

God Bless you all~
Alisha