Tuesday, August 31, 2010

It's been awhile...

Last night I was thinking over the past two weeks we've had at home. Its been a wonderful time to develop a semi-regular schedule; dig over 250 lbs of potatoes from our garden; bake 180 cinnamon rolls to sell at our local farmer's market; experiment with new carpentry skills; fellowship with our church family; take family pictures for the new CD; create the 'sewing skirts' blog series; work long hours getting Dad's shop ready to sell, de-junk boxes and boxes of 'stuff' from our home...and the list continues!

As I looked over the past weeks, I realized that in the midst of enjoying these home days, I've failed to document the events on our blog. Or maybe I just need a periodic 'blogging-break' to get fresh ideas and motivation!

But regardless, we're grateful for each of you dear friends who pop over to this site to keep up with happenings of our family. We truly hope our little 'home-on-the-web' is an encouragement as we endeavor to 'stir one another unto love and good works'!

We have some very full days ahead as we're loading the bus this morning for our annual trip to Old Threshers. And yes, I have the camera packed and will be looking forward to keeping this blog a bit more active in the coming weeks!


"For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ."
Titus 2:11-13

19 comments:

JoyfulJewels4Jesus said...

Thanks for the update! Sounds like you have had quite the busy summer! That is a lot of potatoes...and a lot of cinnamon rolls! :) I love your new family picture! And your new singing outfits are simply beautiful! I am very excited and looking forward to the sewing skirts series!

Blessings, Rachel & family!
Joyfully in Jesus,
Elizabeth

P.S. We'll see you soon!

Annie said...

Rachel,
Love that family picture! I assume there are more for the CD? =) How's it coming along?
Thanks for the update...it amazes me how much you do! Wow!
I don't know if you'll see this comment before tonight, but we're planning on being in Elkart, along with some families from church who didn't make it to Clear Lake. =) Also, my friend Kara (from the BL conference) and her sisters will be there as well, and I know they are looking forward to it! =)
See you tonight.
Love in Christ,
~Annie~

Charity U said...

Phew! That is a lot of potatoes! And cinnamon rolls! Though I suppose having all those older capable girls helps. (-:
I love the family picture!

Addie said...

I love the picture!

Sarah Benson said...

Beautiful fam picture!
You mentioned the "sewing skirts blog series" and made me curious??
My aunt Rachaelle Curran (yeadon) told me about your blog...have been so enjoying your posts!
Keep it up! Lord bless you!

The DeL Sisters said...

Amazing picture! I love the blue back round!

Hannah

Anonymous said...

Love the photo! So pretty! The colors are fantastic! :D

~ An Indiana Aquaintance :)

Abigail said...

That's a nice family pic! All of the younger ones are growing so much! Sounds like you all have been quite busy, too!

~Abigail~

Anonymous said...

When is your new CD expected to arrive? Is it all new music? How many of your children are involved with this CD?

Tania said...

Wow! You all have been busy! Love the new picture too!
Did you make it okay in the rain? I made a wrong turn and was out in the rain for longer than necessary. I thought of you all and prayed the rain would let up for traveling!
We were so very blessed to see you all again. Loved your program and the things your dad shared. It is fun to watch all the younger ones grow up and mature.
Thanks to all who got wet for us and helped me out!
Hope to see you again soon!

Tori said...

Love the new picture!! Sounds like you've been keeping very busy! =)

Rebekah Dan said...

Dear Wissman family,

I want to thank you for the reply you gave to my email awhile ago about my questions regarding composing,recording etc. God has really blessed your family, and may you ever stay close to Him, serving Him without compromises in music, lifestyle and dress!
I look forward to the "sewing skirts blog series"!!!
Let us know where to find it!

In Christ,
The Semper Fi Sisters

Schumachers said...

You got a new picture! It looks really good. Hope all goes well at old threshers. Love, Mindy

Sharon said...

I love the family picture! Y'all are a wonderful family! :)

Annie said...

Rachel and family,
Thank you so much for the wonderful concert at Elkart! I had goosebumps nearly the entire time. =) Our God is SO good! Also, I enjoyed hearing you sing the hymn "Oh How Marvelous"! I recently re-found it in the hymn book so I recognized it when you started singing it. It was a blessing to me; thanks!
I thought you would like to know that I posted some photos on my blog. Here's the link...

http://daughterofhisgrace.blogspot.com/2010/09/evening-with-wissmann-family.html

May the Lord bless you tremendously as you continue to serve Him! I will be on the lookout for more updates about the CD.
Prayers and hugs,
~Annie~
P.S. Hello to Elizabeth and Hannah as well. :)

Annie said...

P.S. I'm very much looking forward to the skirt sewing series! :)
Actually right now I am in the process of altering a pair of jean capris into a skirt, so we'll see how it goes.

Anonymous said...

please post

Leah said...

Hey, I miss your posts!!! :)

Lily said...

Rachel, I know I'm extremely late in posting this comment, but I just wanted to let you know that I still feel so blessed to have been able to attend your family's concert at Elkart. I actually felt really spiritually refreshed after wards. The music was definitely God-glorifying and uplifting! It was such a delightful time and was also fun to catch up on a few things while talking for a bit with you. Your family's music has made a great impact on my life so thank you! Or, I should say, Praise the Lord!

God bless you all!
Love in Christ,
Lily

P.S. So excited for the new CD to come out! ;)