Friday, June 11, 2010

Virginia Visits

As I am working to correct my bad habits, I actually did make a point of capturing some of the many special moments as I spent last week with Dan and Bethany in Virginia. I admit, there are several happy memories that I didn't capture...but at least there's a sampling of pictures to share with you!

Its so wonderful to see a new household established. I loved hearing the hum of their voices as they read the Bible together early each morning. To see the sparkle in my sister's eyes every time Dan's name is mentioned. To watch them enjoy each other's company. What a glorious design God created when He put man and woman together!

Since Dan was studying for finals...in addition to his typical work hours...Bethany and I had lots of time for 'sisterly fun'. We went for long walks and explored the quaint neighborhoods in her area, made cinnamon rolls to share with Dan's co-workers, gave haircuts, had fun with photography, and talked and talked and...well, let's just say it was a marvelous time!

:: Fun with photography ::

:: Picture of prettiness ::

:: Coffee shop time ::

Thank you for the special week!

"As iron sharpens iron, So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend." Prov.27:17

14 comments:

Jenna said...

I'm so glad that you had a wonderful time, Rachel!! Thank you for sharing the pictures...I always enjoying looking at them:)

Have a BLESSED day,
Jenna

Sisters of Grace said...

It looks like you had alot of fun together! Thanks for the pictures.

♥Michelle

JoyfulJewels4Jesus said...

Oh, what joy it brings me to see the joy in your smiles! It looks like you had such a wonderful time together and I especially enjoyed the portraits that you took...how pretty! It looks like you had a wonderful, wonderful time!

Joyfully in Jesus,
Elizabeth

Erin said...

It looks like the two if you had a wonderful sister time. It most be so neat to go visit your sister at their home.

Your blog is a great blessing to me. Thank-you for that :) Have a wonderful weekend!

Erin

Becca said...

This sounds like fun!

Sarah said...

AWWWWWWWW!!!!

F U N !!!


Sarah

Sveta said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time visting your sister. :)

I have awarded you with the Smile Award.

http://onlinewithsveta.blogspot.com/2010/06/smile-award.html

~Sveta

~Desiree~ said...

Cute pictures! Looks like you had a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a LOVELY time! Don't you just adore sisters? Can't wait till mine gets married:D ( Don't tell her I said that :D hee hee;)
The pictures are beautiful!

~An Indiana Aquaintance :)

goatpod2 said...

Nice pictures!

~*~Amy~*~

Annie said...

Rachel,
What a sweet, sweet post! :) It looks like you had a wonderful time with Dan and Bethany. I so enjoyed seeing the photos -- the portraits are beautiful!
Love in Christ,
~Annie~
P.S. We're planning on coming to Clear Lake! [HUGE grin] =)

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I was wondering how you fund your tours....do you charge at your venues or do you go strictly by donation? Are the older children in your family expected to work to pay for part of the tour expenses also?

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

Looks and sounds like many precious memories were made... :)

Anonymous said...

:: Picture of prettiness ::

And that caption applies to the two pictures that have been posted in the space immediately above. Has anyone ever told you you're gorgeous Rachel? You are.

~ DAK ~