Friday, June 25, 2010

Learning New Skills

In addition to recording, we've also been keeping our time filled with many preparations for the opportunities to share "Let Freedom Sing!" this weekend. With an added 10 people in the cast this year, the sewing machines have been humming a happy tune during each evening, working on the new costumes.

But preparations have been taking a different form, too...painting! With our cardboard backdrops not surviving from last year, Ruth has been doing some research and decided to try her hand at air-spraying a heavy canvas for our new backdrops. We're very impressed with their vibrancy and practicality!!

And as I watched Mom, Ruth, and Elizabeth paint, I'm reminded once again how grateful I am for having so many examples in my life of industrious, eager-to-learn, hard-working friends! Whether it's learning to run a paint-sprayer, or re-upholstering a sofa, or sewing historic costumes, its amazing how far a willing attitude can go!

Creating the "Waynes Coating" effect for the Constitution Scene.


Each section is 8' x 10' -- quite a handful!


Starting to paint the trees


Mom and Grandpa have taught us principles of shading. Its so fun mixing the variety of colors!


Adding details



Adding tree trunks

We'll be taking pictures this weekend, so you'll be able to see the finished result. Please do keep us in prayer this weekend as we have the opportunity to share "Let Freedom Sing!" in central Iowa. We hope to see several of you there! May the Lord be glorified!

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might;"
Ecc 9:10

8 comments:

Jenna said...

Even though I can't be in Iowa physically, I will be there in Spirit ...looking forward to the pictures!

You all inspire me with your creative projects - keep up the fantastic work dear friends! Your latest project is looking amazing.

Love in Christ,
Jenna

Mindy said...

Wow you guys are so creative. The back drops look really great. Hope you have fun I've prayed for you a few time already today.
Love Mindy

Annie said...

Wow...how creative and industrious! I can't wait to see the finished backdrops in person tomorrow! :)
Love in Christ,
~Annie~

JoyfulJewels4Jesus said...

Blessings as you finish up the projects! You are all so creative!
I am absolutely looking forward to seeing them tomorrow for the performance! Blessings, dear friends!

Joyfully in Jesus,
Elizabeth

Linda said...

The talent your family possess amazes me. You are truely an artistic family. I soooo wish I could have been in Clear Lake this weekend. Enjoy your time there.

Charity U said...

I LOVE my NCHEA t-shirt. (-; It's great to finally recognize you, Elizabeth, when I see you in a picture!

Amanda said...

We loved the backdrops, they were amazing, as was the show. God's mercies as you travel and His abundant blessings on you all as you worship and glorify Him,

from a family at Blairsburg

simplysanctified said...

Looks amazing already!