Thursday, June 17, 2010

**Drumroll**

We arrived home late last night and are currently wading through piles of mail, laundry, camp props and pictures. What a special week! We saw so many answered prayers.

Right now my computer is working to process and upload the video slide show, in an effort to share with you some of the 1,052 camp pictures that were taken during the week. But until then, I'll not hold you in suspense any longer regarding the pop bottles!

**drumroll please**

We made bottle rockets! A friend works at the special events building in a nearby town and actually collected all 107 bottles in a matter of days. [We typically don't drink soda.] Stephen built us a rocket launcher, and we were set!

Creativity in the 'rocket manufacturing stage'.

Helping big brother

"Is there enough water in this thing?!"

Attaching it to the launcher

And the countdown ensues!

Blast off!

"The earth is full of the goodness of the LORD."
Psalms 33:5

More pictures and updates to come...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm the first to comment :) Very cool rocket building!

Jenna said...

What a fun project!!

Have a fantastic weekend,
Jenna

Eden said...

That looks like fun! Glad to see y'all had a good time. :-)

Anonymous said...

What fun! :)

Anonymous said...

How did you make them? That's something I'd like to try with my family! (I have 12 younger siblings).

Michelle

Erin said...

Looks like fun!

Mindy said...

I miss you guys all soooo much already. Thanks for all you do at camp and for making it possible. We had a lot of fun making pop bottle rockets. Thanks for the pictures it was so much fun to look at all of them. You got some really cool ones Hannah. I'm glad you got your bus fixed. Hope you enjoy your time at home. I miss you:( Love, Mindy

David K. said...

"We saw so many answered prayers."

:-)

I was working on a comment this afternoon in between disassembling and reassembling a multi-function ink jet printer to repair it, and when I finally got it done, it wouldn't post (not unusual lately) so I lost it.

You can guess what I had written. :-)

How high did the rockets fly? 23,000 miles?

David

Lily said...

COOL!!!