Thursday, May 20, 2010

Michigan Days

Its springtime in Michigan and we're lovin' it! Our schedule here is very full this week -- in addition to several meal/fellowship engagements, we also have 12 concerts in 8 days. Its certainly keeping us on our toes!

This week we had the pleasure of visiting some friends in the area for lunch and activities. It was a delightful visit with plenty of space to run and play -- and great fellowship, too! And since we're working to correct our bad case of 'camera neglect', we have lots of pictures to share! [smile]


They so sweetly welcomed us with great fanfare!

And with a 'turn-about' made especially for the bus

And since it was too early to eat lunch, we started out for a nature walk.

Such a beautiful morning!

Smiles!
[And somehow it seems our 'little girls' are growing up more each day!]

We found lots of wild raspberries, and unique plants.
And even a baby garter snake!


Loading up for a ride in ol' Rusty!

'Co-pilot'

Truckin' down the road!

One of our favorite recreation activities




How good it is to have family in Christ wherever we go!

And we finished off the visit with a hymn sing. We've enjoyed the challenge of learning to read and sing from sheet music over the past several years. [Yes, almost all our family music has been arranged and played by 'ear']
How good it is to lift our voices together!


Thank you, Brysons, for the lovely lunch engagement!

"And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching."
Heb 10:24-25

11 comments:

Charity U said...

Looks like fun! I lived in MI for 7 years when I was...hmmm. About 2 or 3-age 10. But we were by Detroit. It's so different from NE. (-;

Kimberly Ruth said...

WOW!!! That's is amazing.

Kimberly Ruth said...

WOW!!! Thanks for the update looks like fun.

Annie said...

Such sweet times! I enjoyed the pictures. :) Rachel, I hope you don't mind my asking...you know Hannah is your "twin" and Alaythia is Bethany's, but who is Susannah's? Ruth or Elizabeth, or both? I'm just curious. [wink] Thanks!
Hope to see you all this summer!
Love in Christ,
~Annie~

JoyfulJewels4Jesus said...

So many delightful, lovely, cheerful photos, Rachel! Thanks for sharing! I'm glad you remembered your camera this time. :) Such wonderful memories! Hope to see you this summer when you come to our area!

Joyfully in Jesus,
Elizabeth

Mikala said...

Looks like fun! Glad you had a great time!

Addie said...

Yay pictures!! I understand Rachel... I have forgotten our camera many times when I wish I had it! You are doing a great job!

Anonymous said...

Looks like much fun:) Especially the baby garter snake:D Just kidding:) I think I would enjoy the singing the most:) But the whole visit sounds very nice!

~An Indiana Aquaintance :)

Lulu said...

I'm glad you had fun! :) Looks like lots of fun. :) See you this summer at the bluegrass festival. YAY. :D I'll be watching for ya.
~Lulu
P.S. Yes, I agree with Annie! :)

Lily said...

Family times are wonderful! Enjoyed the pictures!
Wow--the three girls in photo #7 nearly look identical! I had to look twice to determine who was who. :D
Volleyball--fun!! :D
Thanks for the update!

Josie said...

I love the picture of the truck and the road! Beautiful colors!

You guys are great! And so is your blog!
I can relate to alot of stuff on the blog related to having a big family. I'm the oldest of 6 children.
Thanks for having this blog, it is very encouraging!
Josie