The view outside our window
Today our home is filled with activity:
- Dad and Andrew just came in from changing oil on the bus -- and heartily covered with the evidence!
- Ruth is helping Alaythia finish her sewing project. She has been eagerly learning how to sew and recently cut out matching jumpers for herself and Charissa. Aside from zippers and hems, she's completed the projects herself with little help. She's very self-motivated...yes, like Bethany. [smile]
- Elizabeth has been heading up much of the kitchen preparations today with chicken cooked and frozen, burritos made, and granola baked. Our 'staples' for the bus kitchen.
- Matthias and Stephen have been practicing music and packing the bus.
- Hannah is now in the kitchen baking cookies for a friend -- and a few extra for us, too.
- Susanna and Nathanael have been helping on all fronts and Charissa is taking the action in stride.
- Mom is overseeing the variety of action and activity while catching up on "thank you notes"
- Oh, and I'm giving pre-trip haircuts and catching up on everything that needs attention while we still have internet...including -- blogging!
Yes, the signs are everywhere -- we're getting very close to departure. Tomorrow afternoon to be exact. We've had a good couple weeks at home. Time to slow down a bit. Time to seek the Lord for His vision for the coming year. Time to work on those projects that are nearly impossible in the bus. [We have yet to develop a good system for sewing or baking in those crowded quarters!]
As we shared fellowship with our church family on Sunday, we were once again encouraged and challenged with the mission ahead. Pastor shared from Phil. 1:6 --
"Being confident of this very thing,
that He who has begun a good work
in you will complete is until the day of Jesus Christ."
We go in confidence. Not our own -- far from it! We're actually feeling very weak at the moment. Andrew will not be making this trip with us due to his desire to prepare for his own home someday, so musically we're feeling inadequate.
But we go in confidence of HIS faithfulness. Recognizing our need. Requesting prayer. But thanking the Lord for what He will do! We look forward to sharing more in the coming days.
"Only let your conduct be worthy of the gospel of Christ,
...that you stand fast in one spirit,
with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel."