Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Pictures


As my internet happens in small moments here and there, I thought I'd post a quick update with some of the pictures Bethany has captured in the past weeks.

So much has happened, and we have so MUCH to be thankful for. As we look ahead to celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow, the encouragement and prayer support of you dear friends -- many whom we've never even met -- is going to be high on our list of gratitude. Every day we see evidence of people praying for us. People genuinely touched during the show as they leave with tears in their eyes, giving us hugs. Continued favor with local businesses. Strength and health. And the list could continue!

Tomorrow, as is our Thanksgiving tradition, we'll sit down as a family and write out a list of gratefulness. As we look back on the past year, our hearts are overflowing at the Lord's faithfulness. Yes, there have been hard times. In many ways we've had some new and deeper struggles this year. But we've seen how the Lord is continuing to grow us. To draw us near to Him. And so we're full of thankfulness! God is so good!

And enough of my ramblings for now. I'm currently at the theater and some of the other kids will be here soon to pick me up to head out to restaurants. We estimated we spend an average of 15 hours each week in restaurants, singing and inviting people to the show. Yes, the days are full! [smile]

This past week we've had several special friends visit, so enjoy the following pictures of a variety of afternoon activities....


Yes! Our grandparents visited for almost a whole week!! Such fun!
We love you, Grandpa and Grandma!


Alaythia and our friend, Alatheia

Smiles!

At our all-time favorite theme park -- Silver Dollar City.

Time for some afternoon football with Daddy and his girls!
(Trying to decide which play to run!)


RUN!!

The happy players

"Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving;
Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms."
Psalm 95:2

14 comments:

~Desiree~ said...

Very cute pictures! Football is really fun (my favorite sport:)

Megan said...

We must play Apples-toApples at PBC!!! :)
And wow, Hannah's hair is blonde, really turning into you Rachel :)I need to see you guys soon!!

Kimberly said...

WOW!!! It looks like you guys have had
a full week! I LOVE the game
Apples-to-Apples! And Hannah is really really starting to look like you Rachel.

Anonymous said...

From Arnie:

Great photo of two-handed kickoff! Best fun I've had in years. Thanks to teammates Hannah, Nathaniel and Bethany for making me look good like..., "like Suh!".
With love,
Arnie

Anonymous said...

I really like the first picture. Sisterly Love. So cute. And I agree, Hannah is turning into a Rachel! :D

~Desiree~ said...

I felt liking commenting again and saying Happy Thanksgiving!

Noelle said...

Awesome pictures! I LOVE them! :)

Thanks for sharing, Rachel! (and btw, Hannah really is starting to look a lot like you!)

Grace Mally said...

Hi Rachel and Wissmanns!
Thanks for the updates. It's encouraging to hear how well things are going! Sounds like you are making the most out of your time down there.
When I think and pray for you, I think of how many people must be impacted deeply by your concerts---and they won't easily forget it! (I remember the first time I came to one of your concerts :) )
It will be exciting when one day we'll see the fruit of our labors.

Hope to see you again soon!

AJ said...

Where in the world do you get all your skirts?!?! I can't seem to find many skirts! It would be so awesome to be able to find them...

=) Blessings!

btw, the photos are great! =)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, where do you get all your skirts? Do you sew most of them yourselves?

Lulu said...

Awww...how fun!

Kimberly said...

Thanks for the update, but don't you think it's about time for an update?:)
WOW! it looks like you guys and gals have had a wonderful and fun week. I was wondering, do you have the bible addition of apples-to-apples or the normal apples-to-apples?

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun...Hannah is turning into a Rachel, and Alaythia into a Bethany.
Does anyone agree with me that Susanna looks a lot like Elizabeth?

I think so!

Anonymous said...

Silver Dollar City....I'd love to go there someday!