Thursday, October 29, 2009

Its that time of year again!

Branson preparations shifted into high-gear a couple weeks ago, but since we've arrived in the city filled with Christmas lights and action, life has been especially full! Practice and preparations have filled the hours and we've already seen so many answers to prayer.

For example -- although we've been battling sickness in our house for the past two weeks, as soon as we arrived in Branson on Sunday everyone has healed up and we've had no new 'cases'. Ah, the blessing of all being healthy!

We've also seen the Lord's hand in finalizing the songs and program for the show. We'd been praying about new songs for this year, new arrangements, new dialog. And day by day we've seen the Lord's faithfulness. Although we have a few big days of practice ahead, things are starting to take shape and we're really excited about the message for this year!


Next Monday starts our first show. As we think ahead to the opportunities, we're often reminded of God's mighty work last year. People are still marveling at the number of people who came to that first-year show. It is really unexplainable except that people were praying and I know that includes many of you. We heard numerous times from you blog readers who prayed for us every morning and we cannot adequately express our gratefulness.

And as we're starting a new year, we're again requesting your prayers! There are so many open doors here and so many people who are open to hearing about Jesus Christ during this season. May our lives truly be 'salty' as we share the message of why He came! May His joy radiate from our faces and conversations. May HE be exalted and many hearts touched during this special season. That is our prayer!

We look forward to keeping you posted on what God does in the coming weeks. What JOY we have to share!!


"to be ready for every good work,
to speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle,
showing all humility to all men.
But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared,
not by works of righteousness which we have done,
but according to His mercy He saved us."
Titus 3:1,2 &5

15 comments:

MoonShaw said...

I wish I could come listen to you! It would be such a great thing!
But I'll keep you in my prayers and hope that this year is as fruitful as last!

Anonymous said...

You all will definately be in my prayers! I wish I could come and listen to you too! Ah, well:) I suppose I must be satisfied with your blogging! Sounds like things are really getting exciting!

~ An Indiana Aquaintance

P.S. Great verse!

~Desiree~ said...

I will be praying!! Hope it is a blessing to you and others!

Anonymous said...

I'll keep your family in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

You will all certainly be included in my prayers. Thanks for the update, Rachel! I'm glad you're all over your sicknesses. I had a bad cold a while ago and it really isn't too fun.

Lily said...

I will surely pray for you and your family, Rachel. Also, thank you for the post! It was such a blessing to be able to meet you a few months ago at the Bright Lights conference and then again in Clear Lake, IA at your family's concert. Good thing you're all over your sicknesses.
Blessings,
Lily Marie

Kenna said...

Glad ya'll are feeling better.
Have fun in Branson!
God Bless! - Praying!

David Kent said...

I'll be praying.

Annie said...

Thank you for posting, Rachel! I will be praying for you all. I wish we could come see your family sing in Branson! Maybe some day... =)
Love and prayers,
~Annie~

Annie said...

P.S. Oops, I forgot to say one more thing - I like your new blog design! =) The header is great!
In Christ,
~Annie~

Daniel said...

Praise God for the way things are coming together! Glad you're all healthy, too. :) Lord willing, we may indeed be able to see you this year - [thank you so much for the kind note!] we'll be praying, regardless.

God bless you all!

Daniel, for the Brysons

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the new blog design!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the new blog design!

The Eccentric Musician said...

Count me in - at 10 CST in the mornings!

GOD BLESS YOU,
Jacob Bernhardt

Anonymous said...

We will be praying, can't believe it is that time of year again, time goes so quickly! Wish we could be there to see you!