Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Home!

The countdown is over and we've officially arrived home! We were greeted with freezing temps and a dusting of early snow -- which made the boys promptly fire up our wood stove. So cozy!

And now we're preparing for our time in Branson with tons of sewing, practicing, and preparing. It seems overwhelming when we look at the coming week -- but we're excited, too, as we rejoice that the Lord's mercies are new every morning. Great is HIS faithfulness!! We'd greatly appreciate your prayers! We'll be heading to Branson in 10 days...so stay tuned! [smile]


"Through the LORD's mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
The LORD is my portion," says my soul,
"Therefore I hope in Him!"
Lam. 3:22-24

9 comments:

Woodsaw4 said...

Hi there!

Welcome home. I know what the countdown feels like. Good to be home. Very glad that you all got to go to the creation museum. Incredible place there.

Woodsaw4

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your few days at home - ten days isn't much to prepare all that!

jpb

Arnie said...

Praise God, you're home! I know you are busy, but would be honored and overjoyed to see you before you depart again. God Bless you all!

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for your family as you prepare for Branson! And Amen! Great IS His faithfulness!

~ An Indiana Aquaintance :)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear your family sing in Branson--so excited!! :)

Annie said...

Hi Rachel,
This is Annie (from the BL conference) and I have a quick, random question for you. What is Alaythia's middle name? I am asking only out of curiosity. :)
Thanks!
Many blessings,
~Annie~
P.S. How refreshing to be home! I will be praying for you as you prepare for Christmas. :)

Rachel Wissmann said...

Annie --

So good to hear from you! And Alaythia's middle name is Gloria, Mom's first name. :)

Lily said...

Hey Rachel, please show this to your sister! Thanks tons!


Elizabeth-this has nothing to do with the post, but I've been meaning to comment and tell you and I finally got around to it.
We went to your family's concert in Clear Lake, IA in July, and I just wanted you to know that it was so nice of you to come up and introduce yourself to me, my sister, and our friend. It totally made my day and I wanted to thank you for doing that. I felt like I'd known you for ages, though I know you don't remember me. Anyways, thanks a lot!

Annie said...

Thank you, Rachel! I was just curious. :)
Love in our Savior,
~Annie~
P.S. I so appreciate you keeping a blog! :)