Monday, July 06, 2009

What HIS hand hath done...

Friday evening

The huge weekend is over, the props are put back away, and costumes laying here ready to be cleaned and tucked away for another time.

But our hearts are overflowing with gratefulness, awe, and wonder at the Lord's mighty hand over the past days. And our conversations are still reminiscent of all the specific ways God 'parted the waters' -- both literally and figuratively!

With the weather forcast showing 70% rain, we discovered that our original 'back-up' location wasn't an option. And we'd planned to spend most of the day rehearsing for the big event on the outdoor stage. Friday morning began with rainshowers with few signs of letting up. Dad has run his business by the weather for over 20 years, and his reading of the radar predicted rain for the evening performance.

In my heart, I was wrestling with this -- why would God give us this opportunity and then send rain to cancel it out!? As I spent some time in prayer, the Lord impressed on me the need to praise Him. In the rain. In spite of the weather. Regardless of circumstances, I needed to rejoice. God was in control and He just wanted me focused on Him!

Oh, the peace of that! I literaly turned from fighting panic in my heart to singing every praise song I could think of and leaving the whole situation in God's hands.

The weather cleared for awhile in the afternoon -- long enough for us to get a full dress rehearsal on the outdoor stage. Although dark clouds kept gathering in the west, they passed us with not much more than an occasional sprinkle.

Friday evening the Bandshell was filled with people. The forecast still showed a large storm cell headed in our direction, but we continued to pray and move forward. After a very brief shower a few minutes before the performance, the weather cleared and we got through the entire production without so much as a sprinkle! A friend sat with his blackberry phone, watching the storm cell travel closer and closer to Seward. He said as it got close, the storm cell split and actually went on either side of Seward, keeping our weather clear. Isn't God good!??!

Again, there are so many other details I could share. We're so grateful for each of the 35 cast members -- plus back-stage helpers -- that made this production possible. And also for Clark Kolterman and the city of Seward for welcoming us to share during the July 4th Celebration. To God be the glory -- GREAT things HE has done!!

And now for a quick picture re-cap...

"1849 - GOLD!!!"

"Grandfather, look at these lollipops!"

Livin' in the Promise Land!

Jump!

Celebrating our great country!!

Grandfather tells his story.


"We are the Minutemen..."

Preparing for the battle...

...and the Redcoats advance.

"Lay down your arms, you rebels!"

"Oh Captain, are you hurt?!"

The wounded return
"Nooooooooo!"

"My father -- he's gone."


Grandfather's story continues...

"What form of government?!"


"But sir, I beg to differ, your plan won't work at all!"


The Constitutional Delegates

John Hancock


"If My people who are called by My name
will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face,
and turn from their wicked ways,
then I will hear from heaven,
and will forgive their sin and heal their land."
2 Chron. 7:14


In God we Trust!


"Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD."
Psalm 33:12

13 comments:

~Desiree~ said...

Looks like so much fun!! I am so happy that everything went well and God blessed!:D

Ashley said...

That was soo amazing! I enjoyed it a lot! It's great how God answered prayer and it went so well. Great job to everyone involved, it was a much needed reminder. You should make a soundtrack. :)

Lisa said...

WOW! Those costumes are awesome!!!! I really liked the dresses! And I'm so glad that your day worked out so well.

Lesley said...

Yea!!! I was waiting for this post! What an amazing weekend! The musical was fantastic and brought glory to His name! I throughly enjoyed it! Everyone did an amazing job...I know it took a lot of work but thank you for putting the time, effort and prayers into the musical. I was praying for you all and it's so neat to hear how God answered those prayers.

Hope you all get rested up from the long weekend!;)

Ancient Greek Philosopher said...

I wish I could have been there!!!

simplysanctified said...

Looks like it was an amazing and fun performance! Praise God for such a wonderful opportunity!

Ruth Ann said...

Wow...that looks so neat. The pictures are amazing, and I'm sure the full performance was just stunning. Y'all did a great job with props, costumes, etc. and I hope that many lives were touched for God's glory!

Daniel Turack said...

It was lots of fun and an amazing performance. Ya'll did a great job. Praying for you as you continue to minister.
In Christ,
Daniel Turack

Julie said...

AWESOME! How great is our God?!?! The costumes were even more wonderful than I had pictured in my mind. Wow, more than ever I wish I could have been there to see it!

Janalee May Duarte said...

Praise the Lord! Look's like you all had a Great time. Great job with the costumes!!!
God Bless!

Tabby said...

We are all smiles here at the Schumacher house looking at these pictures!! I so wish we could have been there! I can almost feel the excitment and hear the music from the pictures! Did anyone video it? or will I have to hope you do it next year and I get to come see it!? Many prayers were with you all over the weekend and it looks like God Blessed!

Kenna said...

Looks like ya had SO much fun! God is amazing! That is so amazing how that cell split. God can do wonders!
Love you girls dresses! Beautiful!
God Bless!

Anonymous said...

WOW. We DO serve a great God!

Your performance looks amazing! I wish we could have been there! It's so grand to see God work all things together for our good and His Glory!

~ An Indiana Aquaintance