Monday, March 02, 2009

In the Orange Grove

Mmmmmm! Can you smell the fragrant, citrus aroma?!

(Its posts like this that I wish for 'scratch and sniff' blog technology!)

The orange orchards are heavy with fruit these days, and several of us spent a recent afternoon picking bag after bag of the treats. Nothing tastes quite like fresh-squeezed orange juice ...or a bowl-full of the fruit, cut in true "Florida style".


With our dear friend, Kaitlyn

Yes, to some people, simply picking the oranges and placing them in bags can be a bit mundane. Leave it to Stephen to add excitement to the picking process! [smile]

Nathanael with his good friend, Mr. Knuth

Wish we could share with you!!!

15 comments:

Stephanie said...

Those oranges look delicious! I wish you could pass a few my way. :D

Julie said...

I can almost smell them! Nothing beats fresh off the vine (or tree in this case) fruit!

Ellie said...

Seeing Nathanael in shorts and a T-shirt makes me think that I miss summer more than I realized! I wish you could send some warm weather this way!

Anna B. said...

Oh Rachel, how can you do this to me?!?!?! If you weren't coming home in just a FEW days...I would probably come out and join you....not really to see you...but to eat some fresh oranges!!! Ok, so maybe I would enjoy seeing you, but the oranges...ahh...I do wish that you could do "Scratch 'N Sniff"!!
Love you LOTS and see you on SUNDAY!!!!

Ancient Greek Philosopher said...

Those look good!!!!

Ben said...

Ahhhhhh! Nathaniel's in shorts! And here I am plannning on sledding tonight :)
(yes, i saw Ellie already posted this, but that was after i was going to post!)

~Tori~ said...

Looks like so much fun! Sounds delicious! =)

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm!! Them oranges look delicious. :) Wish I had some. :)

Anonymous said...

Cool! I liked the picture of Bethany! So cute!

Naomi said...

Those oranges look so delicious!!
Looks like fun!

Ellie said...

OK, so after sledding...maybe the cold weather is worth it! That must be why God made four seasons.

Those oranges look totally mouthwatering!

KinaBolina said...

Bethany matches the oranges! :)

xoxo KB

Arnie said...

Hey, Nathaniel, is that a GREEN tractor I see you riding? YES!!

~Desiree~ said...

That looks like fun! My granmother has a orange tree, so we always get to pick some when we see her.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmmm! those look so good. Kimberly