Tuesday, March 10, 2009

In 24 hours...

...we went from this:

...to this:



But its good to be back to 'home sweet home' -- Nebraska!

After installing the new power steering pump last Friday, we said our goodbyes in Florida and turned the bus northward. With the help of a new driver behind the wheel (way to go, Matthias!) we drove through the night and covered the 1,450 miles in less than 24 hours.

We returned home with full and grateful hearts --it's been a blessed and fruitful trip. Full of joys and sorrows. Precious moments with friends enroute -- and keeping in touch with our dear ones back home. Evidence of many answered prayers. Tears and priceless moments behind prison bars. Many, many, many safe miles and meaningful services.


And all this with a common thread -- the faithfulness of the mighty God we serve. Day in and day out His mercies are new every morning.


Love so amazing, so divine,
Demands my love, my life, my all!


"Your mercy, O LORD, is in the heavens;
Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.
How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God!
Therefore the children of men put their trust
under the shadow of Your wings."
Psalm 36:5,7


Thank you all for your prayers towards our family during this trip. We are so grateful for your consistant prayers and encouragement. What a joy it is to labor with you!

11 comments:

Ancient Greek Philosopher said...

Wow!!! What a transition!!! Nebraska always looks like a desert in the winter. :-)

Ruth Ann said...

I love that phrase from the hymn you shared: Love so amazing, so divine, Demans my soul, my life, my all. What a beautiful phrase, a great reminder!

Wow...that is such a transition! :) I'm sure it is great to be back home, I'm sure you all are a blessing wherever you're at!

Blessings! :)

Anna B. said...

Wow..that is a pretty big difference! But I am so glad you came home!! It was even bleaker here with out you!! *smile*

Stephanie said...

What a contrast of places, but I agree, there is no place like home.

Kenna said...

Quite the difference in views! But like Stephanie said: There's no place like home. Glad you all made it home safely. God Bless!

~The Mintz Family~ said...

So happy you had a goood trip! It was so nice to meet you on this trip and maybe we can see you all again next year!!
Desiree and The Mintz Family

daughterofvision said...

Yeah.....isn't home wonderful?? We are loving it too! Even though the weather is an adjustment. :)

Lacey said...

Wow! That ocean looks nice! I would like to see some more spring weather!

Anonymous said...

Those are some beautiful pictures, but I would have to say that home is the best place to be. My motto is, There's no place like home. Kimberly

justalittlegirl said...

WOW a big difference!!!
Wish you were still with us!
I don't know how you stand that weather!(I know people here way down south could not=)

Anonymous said...

What a differecne!!!!