As I mentioned in an earlier post, we are excited about the Lord's specific leading and directing in Andrew's life. So much has developed that I'm almost puzzled on how to share it all in one post! [smile]
After yearly visits to the Wilderness Boy's Camp in Fair Play, South Carolina, the Lord began turning Andrew's heart last spring towards ministering to these troubled boys. The Camp provides countless opportunities to have life-changing impact on these young men, while experiencing personal growth in communication, relationships, and a wide variety of practical life skills.
After visiting the camp more extensively these past months, he has committed to serve as a 'Chief' for the upcoming two year term. He will be leaving our home on April 8th to embark on this adventure as he pursues God's best for his life.
To give you a quick glance of where he'll be serving, here are some pictures we've taken of Camp in years past....
The boys build their dwellings and are responsible to keep them tidy.
The Chuckwagon, where most meals are shared and schooling is taught.
The team Andrew will be working with.
Specific Prayer Requests for Andrew --
- The Lord's continued grace, strength, power, perseverance and love to be evidenced in Andrew's life as he seeks to grow in his daily walk.
- Wisdom and patience in working at the camp -- especially as the boys work through deep hurts and life decisions.
- Salvation and spiritual growth for the camp boys.
- For his continuing friendship with Kori, as they grow together and seek the Lord's specific direction for the future.
- Financial frugality, wisdom, and creativity.
And we'd appreciate prayer for the rest of us Wissmanns -- who will be practicing, practicing, practicing to fill in the huge gap Andrew will leave behind. We will miss him both musically, and in leadership -- as Andrew adds greatly to the dynamics of our practice times.
Thank you for your prayers, and we'll look forward to keeping you posted!
and He delighteth in his way."