Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Diamond Vogel

On Monday our family had the special treat of a field trip to the Diamond Vogel paint factory in Orange City, Iowa.

For as long as I can remember, visits to the Lincoln Diamond Vogel store had special meaning to us children -- it meant a fun outing with Daddy as he let us 'little kids' tag along on his business errands. Then, years later, when I got my drivers licence I was able to make the trip myself -- helping the Portablast business by delivering paint to the jobsite.

So Monday was an extra-special occasion as we were able to see the 'behind the scenes' workings of the often-visited paint company!

They welcomed us with a warm reception and lots of fun conversation. We were so excited to discover Vogel Family's rich heritage of faith and love for God's Word. It's so encouraging to see companies using their platform to share the Light of Christ!


Charissa smiles behind her safety glasses as she gets ready for the tour.

The quality control lab


Shipping area

The Vogel family originated from Holland, so the Dutch heritage is a big part of their family and company. Such a rich, blessed history!


We finished off the visit with a service at a local church, and a large Christian high school assembly on Tuesday morning.


Thank you, Vogel family!


"One generation shall praise Your works to another,
And shall declare Your mighty acts."
Psalm 145:1

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! looks like fun...

I'm finally the first to
comment!! YAY!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I am an invisible blog stalker....till now :). I was raised in Falls City, NE(where I first saw you all sing) and am now going to school at Northwestern College in Orange City, Iowa. This blog post sure left my mouth hanging open :). I'm glad the dutchness of the town didn't scare you all away and that you had a nice time :).
Blessings,
Emily Streit

~Desiree~ said...

Looks interesting! Charissa looks so cute:)

Kenna said...

Charissa is so adorable. Makes me wish for a little sister. Looks like it was fun!

Stephanie said...

That looks like a very interesting place. I also agree that Charissa looks very cute in those safety glasses! :D