Thursday, February 19, 2009

New Pilot

This is almost a month over-due, but we can't let the occasion pass without even a quick post! So here we go.....

We have another pilot in the family!

Yes, its true -- after hours of studying and learning from Josiah, Dad passed his flight test and is officially a full-fledged pilot! Congratulations, Daddy!

Flying with his first passenger.


Study, study, study!


And for any of you pilots out there -- here are a few humorous 'words of wisdom' for you...

  • It's always better to be down here wishing you were up there than up there wishing you were down here.
  • The propeller is just a big fan in front of the plane used to keep the pilot cool. When it stops, you can actually watch the pilot start sweating.
  • When in doubt, hold onto your altitude. No one has ever collided with the sky.
  • Never let an aircraft take you somewhere your brain didn't get to five minutes earlier.
  • There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing: Unfortunately no one knows what they are.
  • There are old pilots and there are bold pilots. There are, however, no old, bold pilots.

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might."
Ecc. 9:10

15 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is so exciting! Congratulations Mr. Wissmann!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on becoming a pilot! You deserve it!

Arnie said...

Congratulations, Loren! Here's a verse I took with me before every flight: "If I take the wings of the morning..., even there Thy hand shall lead me, and Thy right hand shall hold me." -Ps 139:9-10 Fly safe!

FiveGreers said...

You'll be flying to California, was that next week or the week after that??? :)
Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congrarulations Mr. Wissmann! Thanks for this post Rach! I'm so... happy for your dad, and I loved the humorous words of widom! Those were great, and so much fun!

Love In Christ,
Bekah For the Rehm Ranch Clan

Ancient Greek Philosopher said...

Congratulations Mr. Wissmann!!! And may someone discover the three rules for making a smooth landing. :-)

Anonymous said...

did you post this before or after eating Chinese food today?

Daniel Bryson said...

Congratulations, Mr. Wissmann! Is the next step buying a DC-3 to replace the bus? ;) May God grant you safety, each and every time you fly.

~Desiree~ said...

Congratulations Mr. Wissmann!! Have fun flying.

Julie said...

I'll have to pass along the pilot words of wisdom to my brother in law.

He's an engineer AND a pilot, so those jokes are right up his alley!

Congrats on becoming a pilot, Mr. Wissman!

Chris said...

Congratulations! I am happy for you, having undertaken such a task many years ago...the LORD closed that door for me.

Chris said...

Congratulations! I am happy for you, having undertaken such a task many years ago...the LORD closed that door for me.

Chris said...

Congratulations! I am happy for you, having undertaken such a task many years ago...the LORD closed that door for me.

Mark and Rosalie Pauls and family said...

Congratulations!

Josiah and Abi Wissmann said...

Way to go dad!! you are my best student!!