Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Purpose...

"Don't waste your life trying to look good.
Spend your life making God look good."
--John Piper


I've been pondering this quote lately. A life built on self-glorification is a life wasted. A heart bent on personal advancement is missing the whole point. Wasted.

But to make Jesus known in every area of our lives...this is glory! Can people see HIS fingerprints in my life? My conversations? My home? My attitudes?

:: :: :: :: :: :: ::


"Thus says the LORD:
"Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom,
Let not the mighty man glory in his might,
Nor let the rich man glory in his riches;

But let him who glories glory in this,
That he understands and knows Me,
That I am the LORD,
exercising lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth.
For in these I delight."
says the LORD."

Jer 9:23&24

14 comments:

ashley said...

So true! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

great post! so thought-provoking! also, adorable picture of Alathia! ~me

Josiah and Abi Wissmann said...

That quote is excellent! Thank you for the challenge!

Amy said...

Excellent! Learning about perspective this week your post reminded me of a closer point, for if our purpose is right our perspective will be too.

Jade said...

That couldn't be more true! Great post! This is something I need to be reminded of on a regular basis.

In Christ,
Jade

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing that thought. I needed to read that today.

Linda~ND

Anonymous said...

This is a great post! It's so true!
And the picture of Alathia is really nice.
~Lisa

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful phrase and a beautiful picture Bethany!. Kimberly

Anonymous said...

true

Anna B. said...

Thanks for sharing Bethany! Just what I needed to hear: )

Anna B. said...

Whoops...I thought I was still on Bethany's blog...lol

Dan "the man" Beasley said...

Awesome post, and extremely challenging and encouraging. Thank you.

Stephanie said...

What a challenge! Thanks for sharing it.

Ruth Ann said...

beautiful! Thanks for sharing this Rachel - so thought-provoking and important!