Thursday, January 22, 2009

Grandparent Joys

This week we had the special delight of a visit from our grandparents! Mom's parents live in northeast Iowa, so our time with them is always a treasured occasion. They haven't visited since we've moved to our Milford home, so we enjoyed the opportunity to show them our new surroundings.

Smiles!

We truly thank the Lord for each of our grandparents and the godly, hard-working, joyful heritage they have given us!


We love you BIGGER, Grandpa and Grandma!


"That the generation to come might know them,
The children who would be born,
That they may arise and declare them to their children,

That they may set their hope in God."
Psalm 78:6-7

3 comments:

Kate said...

A timely post for me. My father's mother passed away this past Monday after a long illness, one day past her 83rd birthday. She was my last living grandparent. Each loss seems to revive the pain of the previous ones, but I have spent this week trying to focus on sweet memories and gratitude that my grandmother's long suffering is finally over. I try to carry all of my grandparents' legacies with me always, and hope that they would be pleased at the woman I have become.

Stephanie said...

How sweet. What a treasure Grandparents really are.

Nathan said...

Nice fleece, Andrew! :)