Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Practice

After arriving home from a very blessed trip to Michigan and Ontario (it was great to see all you folks again!), we are now digging in with all our energies concentrated on Christmas music.

And with great urgency -- next Monday we are scheduled to head for the studio to record our new Christmas project! We are very excited about this project, but still have a long ways to go. We're currently working on several new arrangements, as well as polishing some we haven't sang since last year.

So you can probably imagine a peek into our house today. As I was working on text for our new CD cover, Hannah spent a few moments with the camera. It's a good thing our home has many rooms, because this is what she found...

Bethany practicing harp in the basement Great Room.


Elizabeth working on a song in our living room.

Stephen working on a new mandolin solo in the sunroom.


Alaythia practicing "Away in the Manger" in her bedroom.


And Susanna working on the same song.

Matthias had to search for a quiet spot...and finally ended up in the laundry room atop the freezer!


Andrew picking away in the guys' room.


Would you join us in prayer for this new project??! Our goal is to have it available November 1st, so stay tuned!


"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom,
teaching and admonishing one another in
psalms and hymns and spiritual songs,
singing with grace
in your hearts to the Lord."
Col. 3:16

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

really, a new CD? Nice pics! Had a great time while you were here in Port Burwell. ~lisa

Ruth Ann said...

this is really exciting - I love Wissmann music!! The last 2 1/2 weeks I've been relishing in the new CD and songs on it...Wow, I will definitely be thinking and praying for you all as you diligently work on preparations. The pictures Hannah took are great - it's neat to see a peek into your home. :)

Oh btw, Rachel I want to let you know that your song "Let the Rocks Cry Out" really blesses my heart personally. Everytime I hear it and sing it, it fills my heart with joy. You see, I had been in Colorado for 2 weeks with IPS in the mountains...it was amazing. The night I got home I was looking over my mail and your CD had arrived. I immediately popped it in my player and the words to that song described the amazing time I had among God's creation in Colorado, especially that last day 9/19. It was like you had written a song that exactly expressed my thoughts and feelings. You have blessed me so much, and I wanted you to know.

Much love to you all!
Ruth Ann

Noelle said...

That is too funny -- great pictures, Hannah!
And I can't wait for the new CD.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am so thankful it worked out for me to get online this evening! That's exciting news! You all are still in our daily prayers. It is exciting to see what all God has been doing for you!
Blessings, JConner

Amber said...

Too funny. Sounds familiar, though. :)

I didn't know Bethany plays the harp! That's cool.

...It looks like everyone is practicing hard. I hope the work on the new CD goes well!

God Bless,
Amber

The Chmelars said...

WOWZERS!!!

That's intense ;)

If anyone can do it, it's you guys!

NIC

Anonymous said...

Yahoo! A new cd! :) Although you're making us even more behind- we were already 2 behind. :)
I'll be praying for your project preparation and its impact. In Christ, DB :)
P.S. It IS very neat to take a peek into your home. Those are great photos, Hannah!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, Hannah. So much talent in your family. You must have found a huge house to accomodate your whole family - and all those instruments.

Hope everything goes GREAT with the recording and the opportunity to perform in Branson. It would be neat to come see you there - sitting in a comfortable theatre instead of a tent with awful wooden chairs. And probable wonderful acoustics besides.

I was afraid Bethany gave up the harp for photography. We never get to hear her play at OT. Will she be on the upcoming album? Such a beautiful instrument - expecially for a lot of Christmas music.

Do you have a harp teacher or is this kind of like the "no one remembers teaching her to read" - and you learned to play on your own?


Prayers and wishing you all the best.
Your OTF

Joanna Perumalla said...

Great Pictures :) Had a blessed time with all of you sharing your music at out church. have been listening to let the rocks cry out has been going on and on in our van since Sunday. Hope you had a good ride back home. You all were in our prayers. Thank you and God willing will see you soon.
Please say Hi to your mom from me.
Joanna

Lesley said...

How exciting!
Praying for you all!

The Editor said...

Love the practicing pictures! Nice job, Hannah :)

Many blessings on the recording process, we too, are looking forward to hearing it!

Allison

Stephanie said...

I'll keep you in my prayers. I cannot wait to get a copy of the new C.D! May God bless you as you preparing for and make the recording.

Pine Pod Farm said...

Nice pictures and nice verse. May God bless you and your family!