Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Our Prayer...

Let me live, blessed Lord, in the light of Your love...

Let my life be a light on a hill.

Leading souls gone astray to the straight, narrow way...


...help me do some good deed while I live.

Let my life be a light shining out through the night...


...may I help struggling ones to the fold.

Spreading cheer everywhere to the sad and alone...

Let my life be a light to some soul!

Give me wisdom and power every day, every hour...

...help me drink from the fountain above.

Guide my footsteps all right through the dark, stormy night...

...give me peace, give me joy, give me love!


Give me souls for my hire, let my life be on fire...


...shining out to the world as a guide!

Help me rescue someone sinking down with no hope...

...that in heaven we shall ever abide!


Let my life be a light shining out in the night.
May I help struggling ones to the fold!
Spreading cheer everywhere to the sad and alone,
Let my life be a light to some soul.

6 comments:

Noelle said...

Beautiful post Rachel. Thank you for sharing that.

Was that the lyrics to the song on the new CD "Let My Life Be A Light"? And was that one of the ones you wrote? :)

Love you!

Dustynne (Noelle)

Rachel said...

Hi Dustynne!

No, I did not write this song -- but it is featured on our new recording. :) The words minister to me every time we sing it!

Nicole said...

Love the new singing outfits!! ;o)

Ruth Ann said...

Beautiful pictures - and what beautiful words to the song - I can NOT wait for the new CD...I keep eagerly waiting with baited breath - will it be soon Rachel? :)

~ Ruth Ann

Stephanie said...

What beautiful pictures! I'm so excited for you to be coming in October! May God bless you!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful addition to your band! And those outfits are beautiful!

The Flemings