Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Here I Am, Lord

The words of this precious song have been singing in my heart today as we gave our final hugs and goodbyes -- and after a final prayer together, watched Andrew head towards airport security. We are missing him already but at the same time, look forward to seeing how the Lord will use the next ten weeks.

As often as possible, he will be in contact with us and we will endeavour to post updates and pictures here throughout the summer months. For those of you who would like more regular updates and specific prayer requests, you can follow recent news at the EuroTeam Outreach website.

And now for a few pictures of the last couple days....

I, the Lord of sea and sky, I have heard My people cry.
All who dwell in dark and sin, My hand will save.


I who made the stars of night, I will make their darkness bright.
Who will bear My light to them? Whom shall I send?

Here I am Lord, Is it I Lord? I have heard You calling in the night.
I will go Lord, if You lead me.
I will hold Your people in my heart.

I, the Lord of snow and rain, I have born my peoples pain.
I have wept for love of them, They turn away.
I will break their hearts of stone, Give them hearts for love alone.
I will speak My word to them, Whom shall I send?

Here I am Lord, Is it I Lord? I have heard You calling in the night.
I will go Lord, if You lead me. I will hold Your people in my heart.


Being confident of this very thing,
that he which hath begun a good work in you
will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all,
because I have you in my heart;
Phil. 1:6-7


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

God bless you, Andrew. May you have safe and happy travels. We will be waiting to hear from you. Love, Uncle J and Aunt D

Stephanie said...

Goodbye's are hard to say, but time will fly and Andrew will be home before you know it. May God bless him with a wonderful trip.

Nicole said...

awwww...
almost makes me want to cry just lookin' at the pics. i know the feeling.
when i left last year for china, i tried hard to not loose it when i left the airport. that was only for ten days, cant imagine how it will be this time.
bless you guys! :)

Margaret Neufeld said...

So emotional...I'll be praying.

Lady Ruth Ann said...

what sweet pictures, capturing all the different "little" things of Andrew leaving. May the Lord richly bless him in his journeys.

Thanks for sharing!!

Goldfish said...

Are the first ones taken at your church? I love the picture of Loren and Andrew. Very sweet. But now a potential problem comes up, what if there is a huge surplus of camp food?!

Kay & Rick Ficken said...

I'm all teary...

Being a mama, I hate watching the "kinder" leave at the airport.

Andrew is in our prayers daily!

Hugs to Mama and Daddy Wissmann as they let this little bird go.

Anonymous said...

We just wanted you all to know that you are still in our daily prayers. Isn't it wonderful to serve the almighty God!?!
Conners

Desiree said...

Well I will be praying forthe trips. My brother went away too so I know how you must feal.

the reynolds said...

This is so neat! The Euro Team Outreach was presented at our old church a few months ago. I thought it was awesome- an incredible opprotunity for guys to serve the Lord! I love the pics - I know it's tough to say goodbye to those dear big brothers. Praying Andrew will have a blessed trip and that you all will make it w/o him!

Josiah's second half said...

It's been so precious to see God at work in your life and heart, Andrew! Praying for you, as you go to be used of God in the lives of others! Can't wait to hear all the stories when you get back!:)

Love ya,
Your sister to be :)

--->AJ<--- said...

I hope all goes well and that Andrew will be a great worker for the LORD! I will keep ur whole family in my prayers! :D

Blessings!